Question Need help with case fans.

Sep 13, 2018
So I got 2 of Arctic's F12 PWM PST case fans I have plugged them in sysfan1 and sysfan2, but when I turn on my pc it sounds like they are going full speed. I tried opening BIOS, but I couldn't find a setting to set them on auto. I have checked that "Target temperature", but it's the same sound like before. There thing is, I can only edit the stuff you see in the first picture and nothing else. Cpu fan is the same as you can see in the first picture. Here's a picture: View: https://imgur.com/gallery/9q2gid0
and View: https://imgur.com/gallery/L3YMuXi

Lutfij

Titan
H81M-P33, board, huh? Which headers have you populated the board with those fans? Why do you have an unlocked K suffix processor on an H81 board? You should've gone for a Z series chipset board to get the best out of the platform.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I see two sources of your problem. The most important is that the SYS_FAN2 header with THREE pins does NOT have any fan speed control ability at all. It really is intended for other uses, so it only supplies full 12 VDC power all the time to anything plugged in there. You need to change the way the two fans are connected. This fan model comes with wiring that includes BOTH a male (with pins) and a female connector on the end of each fan's wires. The design allows you to "daisy chain" the fans together so that only the first one in the line is actually plugged into a mobo 4-pin header. Disconnect the fan from the SYS_FAN2 header and plug it into the male output connector from fan #1, and both of them will be under automatic control by SYS_FAN1.

Secondly, the photo you show says the SYSFAN1 header is set to use a minimum fan speed setting of 60%. According to the fan's specs, that is quite close to the fan's max speed. Try to set that min fan speed to 20%, which is close to the minimum that fan can operate. (Maybe try 10% if it can be done, and IF the fan does not stall this way.)