[SOLVED] Need help with choosing a motherboard

Aug 3, 2020
I want to build a new computer. I want the CPU to be an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 3.8 GHz 12-core processor. I am gonna stick with this computer for a really long time. I want a good board, I don't care much for Zen 3 compatibility because I am gonna stick with Zen 2. Also, I want the board to be an ATX. Debugging on the board would be nice. I just don't know what board to get. I am completely stuck on the board.

Solution
You're good at buying a motherboard that can at least support Zen 3 for future upgrades. I understand that you do not need an upgrade in near future, but just having a future-proof motherboard can save you tons of effort.

Consider not having to update or redo any BIOS settings even if you upgrade.

And all of this wouldn't come at a huge cost. A good B450 motherboard can even offer you this without being too heavy on the pockets.

I've seen a list of motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x that categorizes each motherboard according to their features and build sizes. Another thing to note before buying the motherboard is to check out its VRM layout. Make sure it is powerful enough to maximize the overclocking potential.
Aug 3, 2020
reasons to only Zen 2?
The main reason is because It becomes overwhelming to me thinking about all of the things I might need for it to work with a Zen 3. I tried looking for some and certain ones didn't have some features while others did. If I can find a good motherboard that can support Zen 3 I will take it. There are things like the debugging LEDs not being on some.

roberttim

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
You're good at buying a motherboard that can at least support Zen 3 for future upgrades. I understand that you do not need an upgrade in near future, but just having a future-proof motherboard can save you tons of effort.

And all of this wouldn't come at a huge cost. A good B450 motherboard can even offer you this without being too heavy on the pockets.

I've seen a list of motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x that categorizes each motherboard according to their features and build sizes. Another thing to note before buying the motherboard is to check out its VRM layout. Make sure it is powerful enough to maximize the overclocking potential.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
Aug 3, 2020

This actually made things a bit easier. Now I can do more research and see which one I could buy. Thank you!