Need help with computer case

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Hi! I'm looking for a (cheap) computer case that I can also carry around. I want to do watercooling and case modding and since it is my first build I needed a cheap case to give me some breathing room in case I screw up :) Anyways my build includes a XFX radeon hd 7970 Ghz edition. I would like to be able to carry the case without damage to the components and I would love if you could help me by explaining me how to mod cases. Once I get that computer and its all set up I might do some final paintwork after learning how to draw in photoshop (can't draw for sh!t, yet) but anywayz thank you and answer quick.

PS: I want to upgrade to Haswell-e when it comes out and that means that I need a case that fits EATX maybe even XL ATX (let's hope it doesn't need to :D), will also upgrade to nvidia maxwell and ddr4 so I need a case thats good for carrying (easy to carry as light as possible) and that supports XL ATX (or just EATX dont think that will need XL ATX but never know) handle is a plus and ease of access to drive bays is a plus too. Can be a case from korea or china if it justifies. Will be doing possibly triple loop (3 radiators) water cooling, painting the case myself and installing lighting. Thanks for your help and time

PPS: Max budget is 100$ but I want it to be as cheap as possible in case I screw up

PPPS: If you can point me some case modding tutorials or give me such a tutorial I would be very grateful.

Solution

The Cooler Master HAF-X and the HAF 932 both have castors. Some cases have the option for castors to be easily fitted but there is an extra...
EATX and the large Graphics card require a Full Tower case. All of these are heavy; 20 to 30 pounds for the case alone. Some of these come with castors that enable you to wheel it around. Once all components are onstalled the finished weight will be 40 to 50 pounds; not exactly something you want to carry around.

Here are some full towers: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007583%20600006304&IsNodeId=1&name=ATX%20Full%20Tower

I have one Cooler Master HAF-X and one HAF 932; both heavy and both good!

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Any 1 with castors? Also need a cheap and easily moddable

The Cooler Master HAF-X and the HAF 932 both have castors. Some cases have the option for castors to be easily fitted but there is an extra cost for the castors.

Solution

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Sry for taking long to get back to ya' but I'm probably gonna go with a lan party case and mod it so I can get EATX or even XLATX mobos in there. Thinkin about the bitfenix recon and the antec lanboy but the latter is costly

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

yeah... well... it will be my first time but I am confident so cross yr fingers for me!