[SOLVED] Need help with Corsair H100i v2!

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone. I bought a ryzen 5 2600, but right now I have an fx 9370 and a corsair h100i v2. Unfortunately I don't have the bracket to pair my cooler with the ryzen, so I ordered an am4 bracket kit from a Greek retailer(I live in Greece). However, they said that they cannot find it and it'll take some time until it arrives(it may not arrive at all). What should I do? Should I just go and buy a new cooler or order the am4 bracket kit from somewhere else? I found it on amazon but it will take a lot of time to arrive and I don't wanna wait at all. So what do you think I should do? I found the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition at 35 euros in Greece and I see a lot of people using it. Should I buy that cooler? I want to overclock the 2600 to 4ghz. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I ordered the bracket kit from Banggood, are they trustworthy? Here is the product:
https://www.banggood.com/AM4-Water-...100i-V2-H115i-p-1457860.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Last edited:
Solution
Until the am4 bracket kit arrives, should I use the stock cooper? It's pretty hot here, like 30 degrees inside the room. If I use the stock cooler, when the bracket arrives, should I clean the thermal paste and apply new one or not?

you Can use stock Cooler until then.....
yea apply new thermal paste if u can...if not then its not a problem too

mandeep57

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015
Hello everyone. I bought a ryzen 5 2600, but right now I have an fx 9370 and a corsair h100i v2. Unfortunately I don't have the bracket to pair my cooler with the ryzen, so I ordered an am4 bracket kit from a Greek retailer(I live in Greece). However, they said that they cannot find it and it'll take some time until it arrives(it may not arrive at all). What should I do? Should I just go and buy a new cooler or order the am4 bracket kit from somewhere else? I found it on amazon but it will take a lot of time to arrive and I don't wanna wait at all. So what do you think I should do? I found the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition at 35 euros in Greece and I see a lot of people using it. Should I buy that cooler? I want to overclock the 2600 to 4ghz. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I ordered the bracket kit from Banggood, are they trustworthy? Here is the product:
https://www.banggood.com/AM4-Water-...100i-V2-H115i-p-1457860.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Well if cant wait..then order the CM hyper 212...its good enough if u want to overclock...I am currently using it on same cpu as u and my temp came down from 60C to 40C without OC.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Well if cant wait..then order the CM hyper 212...its good enough if u want to overclock...I am currently using it on same cpu as u and my temp came down from 60C to 40C without OC.
Until the am4 bracket kit arrives, should I use the stock cooper? It's pretty hot here, like 30 degrees inside the room. If I use the stock cooler, when the bracket arrives, should I clean the thermal paste and apply new one or not?

mandeep57

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015

you Can use stock Cooler until then.....
yea apply new thermal paste if u can...if not then its not a problem too

Solution