Question Need Help With CPU Cooler+MOBO+CPU Compatibility

mementomorality

Prominent
Jul 5, 2022
Hello again all,

I've done more research and made some changes to my PCPP list. Feeling better about my parts and getting closer to the purchase date. Last time, someone had pointed out (PCPP missed this) that the CPU cooler I originally chose (NH-D15) was incompatible with my original motherboard (Asus ROG Strix Z690-A) (heatsinks too large, CPU cooler too large, would have to face the fans towards the top of the case, which I don't like, and RAM clearance interference). Noctua makes it easy to double-check mobo (current) and CPU (current) compatibility with their coolers. I can't say the same for DeepCool; specifically, the DeepCool AK620. As much as I like the NH-D15, I've learned that the DeepCool AK620 is similar to/better than the NH-D15 and cheaper.

Is there a way to check compatibility between the DeepCool AK620 CPU Cooler, the intel i7-12700K CPU, and the MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4 Motherboard? Where can I find that? I've been either unlucky or blind in my searches.

Since I'm having such a difficult time finding DeepCool's compatibility, I'm thinking of just switching back to the NH-D15, since it works with all the above. If someone could clarify this for me so I can feel confident in using the DeepCool AK620, though, I'd greatly appreciate it. I like to be thorough. Thanks!

Hello again all,

I've done more research and made some changes to my PCPP list. Feeling better about my parts and getting closer to the purchase date. Last time, someone had pointed out (PCPP missed this) that the CPU cooler I originally chose (NH-D15) was incompatible with my original motherboard (Asus ROG Strix Z690-A) (heatsinks too large, CPU cooler too large, would have to face the fans towards the top of the case, which I don't like, and RAM clearance interference). Noctua makes it easy to double-check mobo (current) and CPU (current) compatibility with their coolers. I can't say the same for DeepCool; specifically, the DeepCool AK620. As much as I like the NH-D15, I've learned that the DeepCool AK620 is similar to/better than the NH-D15 and cheaper.

Is there a way to check compatibility between the DeepCool AK620 CPU Cooler, the intel i7-12700K CPU, and the MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4 Motherboard? Where can I find that? I've been either unlucky or blind in my searches.

Since I'm having such a difficult time finding DeepCool's compatibility, I'm thinking of just switching back to the NH-D15, since it works with all the above. If someone could clarify this for me so I can feel confident in using the DeepCool AK620, though, I'd greatly appreciate it. I like to be thorough. Thanks!
For CPU cooler to MB compatibility just look for FCLGA1700 socket.
https://global.deepcool.com/product...-High-Performance-CPU-Cooler/2021/13067.shtml
LGA2066/2011-v3/2011/1700/1200/1151/1150/1155

Reactions: mementomorality