Need help with CPU pulling configuration.

XII-19

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
So I've got a CMX6 CPU cooler in pull mode with the default fan that it came with. Reason why I didn't have it in push is because there is not enough RAM clearance. I am only interested (best i can get in my area in Australia) between the;
1. Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition
& the....
2. Corsair Air Series SP120 High Static Pressure fans

I am strictly NOT buying a new CPU cooler, RAM or motherboard. And can only set my configuration to PULL ONLY. I am aware that the AF120 is great for pulling and the SP120 is for pushing (in tandem of course). However, given the choice of being able to only fit ONE of these fans i am not sure which i should be purchasing for the pull only configuration. i can mention that my tower case exhaust fan is already a AF120 so i am leaning towards the SP120 for the pull config as it will be aproximately 5-7cm from the exhaust fan. I've been looking online for any similar cases to mine however there isn't. Which will be the coolest configuration?

Is this the correct choice? Or should i opt with the other? Is there any difference between the two at all for this setup?

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

XII-19

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

I've only got 2 sticks in there out of the 4 slots in dual. tried re-arranging to the other dual slots but still no go.... G.Skill Snipers btw. *Sigh* It's hard to believe it doesn't fit the CMX6 in push config with a P8Z77-V Deluxe.

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I mean, if you are really concerned about only being able to fit one fan, why not just get a better fan if you haven't already purchased one yet? Both fans you picked their are fairly mediocre. In the greater scheme of things it probably won't make much difference either way but if you are really concerned with performance these probably aren't the fans for you.

XII-19

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

What fans would you recommend? then again being in Australia i can't afford to pay the extra P&H/shipping cost from other countries. Best place i could pick up fans online and within my country is www.pccasegear.com - to my knowledge i think they have the biggest range at the best prices.

XII-19

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Why those three? can't seem to find enough details and benchmarks. Found some tests however barely any comparisons with other manufacturers.

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Because those fans will push the most amount of air (and hence cool the best). As mentioned, it isn't a huge deal either way but why purposely get an inferior fan when better ones cost just as much?
As well, they are also going to be quieter.