Question Need help with flashing Nvidia Rtx 2080

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone!

I have a little problem, you people know gpu prices these days... So I purchased a faulty Asus Dual Rtx 2080 that was giving error code 43 in device manager at really cheap price on a hope to make it work. Previous owner told me it was used in mining and I came up with idea that it might have have been flash with mining bios and flashing with its real working bios can solve issue.

So coming to the point, in GPUZ under subvendor option it shows EVGA while its Asus Dual Rtx O8G. I downloaded bios from techpowerup and tried to flash it with following command ''nvflash -6 bios.rom'' but it gave me error that ''pci device mismatch with image id''

I have attached image of GPUZ as well as command prompt showing error.

Kindly help me to figure put do I need to force flash it? or is there any hardware fault?

View: https://imgur.com/a/6ZfnJb1

Lutfij

Titan
If the card was forced to flash onto another board makers BIOS then the issue is in that detail. If you do end up force flashing it again, to rectify the mistake, chances are that you might not even have a GPU to work with but an expensive paperweight. To also add, did the previous owner state how long the card was used for mining and what he mined with said card? For all intents and purposes, it's highly possible that the GPU itself is beyond salvation.

Did you follow through this guide, by any chance?

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
If the card was forced to flash onto another board makers BIOS then the issue is in that detail. If you do end up force flashing it again, to rectify the mistake, chances are that you might not even have a GPU to work with but an expensive paperweight. To also add, did the previous owner state how long the card was used for mining and what he mined with said card? For all intents and purposes, it's highly possible that the GPU itself is beyond salvation.

Did you follow through this guide, by any chance?

Don't know for how long it was used in mining. And I used mismatched id version of nvflash that didn't help me see this thread.