Question Need help with GPU/Display issue

Aug 14, 2023
I just purchased a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46-R0EQ Gaming Laptop, It has a R7 6800H cpu and a nvidia 3070ti mobile , The issue I'm having is that my external monitor is not being recognized by amd software or nvidia software so Im unable to turn on Freesync premium/adaptive sync/vrr when I use a 2.1 hdmi hookup (both my monitor and gpu support 2.1 hdmi). This only happens when my mux switch switch is on tho, If I turn off the mux switch my amd software then recognizes my monitor and I can turn on feesync premium and vrr. My dGPU has a hdmi hook up and my intergrated is Usbc . I would prefer to get freesync or vrr working with my mux switch on for better performance and to help deal with my already high cpu temps under load. Any help would be greatly appreciated because im completely lost. sorry for bad grammar, My monitor is a dell g2724d

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd look and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Following that, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site first, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Once done, do the same for the AMD driver.

TRENDING THREADS