[SOLVED] Need help with issue when enabling secure boot on gaming rig

hlhbk

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
I wanted to be able to beta test Win 11 on my gaming rig. It requires safe boot to be enabled. I am posting this as a PSA and as a request for help for the issue I ran into.

I have a z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra motherboard. When I turned on secure boot I ran into an apparent known issue where it stops video coming from a graphics card.

The fix is you need to take out the graphics card and connect to the on board video and disable safeboot, then put the video card back in and I can see video with it.

I have made sure I am following the directions from the motherboard manual and every time this happens. There are threads about it on forums. They unfortunately don't say how to fix this issue.

Anyone know how to fix this? My specs are below:

Intel 8700k
z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra motherboard
32 GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 3080

Solution
Win 11 doesn't currently require secure boot to be on, I know as I pass test but don't have secure boot on.

i found a screenshot of someone on a 9700k with that MB passing the win 11 test. so it must does work for some people - link

its too soon, let a few months pass and let the tool MS use actually become more accurate. It currently fails people for not having secure boot on even when they do.

hlhbk

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
what happens?

you know fix for no graphics, but you don't tell us what happens if you try it?

I guess fix is the wrong word. The resolution to no video is you pull the video card, connect to onboard hdmi, boot to bios and turn off secure boot.

Once you do that you can put the video card back in and you can use it. I am asking how to turn on secure boot and not to lose video on my video card?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Win 11 doesn't currently require secure boot to be on, I know as I pass test but don't have secure boot on.

i found a screenshot of someone on a 9700k with that MB passing the win 11 test. so it must does work for some people - link

its too soon, let a few months pass and let the tool MS use actually become more accurate. It currently fails people for not having secure boot on even when they do.

Solution