Question NEED HELP WITH KEYBOARD!!!

Kvnnon

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
Sorry haven't posted here before sorry if it's in the wrong spot.
Basically, my keyboard was working fine until the other day. But now the "D" key works, but sometimes I nee to really press it down in order for it to work. As in I press it, then it doesn't work so i have to press it harder. It happens all the time in games and is incredibly frustrating. I have an RK 61. Any ideas? Thanks.

sounds like the key switch may be damaged or the key is not seated properly.

pull the key off and see if there is anything(dirt, lint, etc) stuck between the key and it's switch. even if not, after reseating it check if it's working correctly again.

if this has no effect, contact manufacturer support.
or if it is relatively new, contact the retailer and submit an RMA or request a refund.

Kvnnon

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
I couldn't see anything between the switches. I saw something on a forum about someone has a similar problem and they found keylogger software on their pc that prevented the switch from functioning. Is there anyway that could have happened here? If so how would I check for it?

...someone has a similar problem and they found keylogger software on their pc that prevented the switch from functioning. Is there anyway that could have happened here? If so how would I check for it?
check in Task Manager for the exe or process running; right-click Taskbar and select "Task Manager".
look through "C:\Program Files" & "C:\Program Files (x86)" for it's installation directory.
look in "Apps and Features"; right-click the Windows Start button > top of the list.

Kvnnon

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
Checked all of that, couldn't see anything. Really unusual, must be a damaged switch. Unfortunate that I'll have to buy a whole new keyboard all because a switch doesn't work sometimes. However it makes games impossible to play. Thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS