Need Help with Laptop Recommendation for College (CAD/CNC/Some Gaming)

Silmefaron

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
I've attempted to do some research, and ultimately realized I know much more about desktops than laptops and was hoping I could gain insight and perhaps a possible model for a laptop that any of you would recommend.

I need a laptop in about a year that I can use for college. I have a desktop that can easily handle any CAD/Photo-video/Gaming/Coding that I throw at it, my issue is that I don't have a mobile solution at the moment.

Like to Haves:

I would prefer fairly powerful graphics, such as a Vega M GL or GH dedicated chip, or a 980M, although as long as it can handle mediocre CAD, I don't care quite as much about the gaming.
I would also like a fairly capable processor; i7 or i9, 8th-gen (or 9th since I don't mind waiting until about a year from now when I actually head to college).
I can allow for some give and take in terms of actually processing power.
Cost is not too much of an issue so long as its not outrageous.
I don't really have a brand preference and would prefer if no one argues over only brands

Need to Haves:

I want to stick with a windows operating system 100%.
I absolutely need 16GB of RAM, but I'm not opposed to 32GB.
I would also like at least an SSD boot drive, preferably only SSD, at least 256-512GB.
I also absolutely want a 2-in-1 touch screen that works with Windows Ink (yes I know how that affects battery).

My only lead so far, which seems like a good one despite possible battery life (which I can't find much info on) is the HP Spectre x360 15"
https://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&urlLangId=&catEntryId=3074457345618962320&quantity=1

Thanks to all who took the time to read over this, and in advance, for responding also!

Solution
Apr 24, 2018
Solution