Question Need help, with memory upgrade

May 1, 2024
Have Asus Prime Z 270 A mb, i7-7700k, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 mhz , 16gb (2-8). I would like to add same brand/kind either 32 or 64 gb kit. Corsair kid says they recommend only installing a kit and removing my existing. Not heavy user mainly home with a few screen using different MS Office Suite and email. Can I safely add or do I have to get rid of existing? Help is appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would avoid upgrading the ram with a similar kit from Corsair since they are the only brand out there that have PCB revision numbers, they source IC's from various manufacturer's, so there's a high chance you'll run into BSoD's if you have mixed and matched rams, in spite of them being aesthetically identical.

I would get a larger capacity kit without mixing and matching with your older ram kit, something with a 2x16GB DDR4-3600MHz kit.

Side note, please make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard before undergoing any hardware upgrades.

Have Asus Prime Z 270 A mb, i7-7700k, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 mhz , 16gb (2-8). I would like to add same brand/kind either 32 or 64 gb kit. Corsair kid says they recommend only installing a kit and removing my existing. Not heavy user mainly home with a few screen using different MS Office Suite and email. Can I safely add or do I have to get rid of existing? Help is appreciated.
Add to your existing ram is iffy if you decide to go that route make sure of the return policy.

Safest bet is to go all new with a 2x kit of the amount you want.