[SOLVED] Need help with my audio

May 5, 2020
Today my GTX 1660 arrived, and i lost no time to try and install it.
unistalled all my old 1050 drivers, installed the new GPU and tried to boot the Pc. it didnt work. searched a whole lot of forums, tried DDUing, tried to change the boot gpu on the bios etc and nothing worked, tought it could be the PCI cable so i opened the back of the case and tried to see if everything was well connected. I was about to give up thinking the gpu was faulty and decided one last thing, to format the pc. After a while and manually installing the drivers the GPU started working. tested some games and everything was fine, until i try to plug in my headphones.

all i could hear from them was this static piiiiiiiiiiii noise, nothing else, no audio whatsoever.
once again i go search every post i can find talking about this issue, and tried everything, installing drivers, manually installing them, disabling and enabling hd audio on bios, plugging into the front and the back audio ports. even tried to remove and put the old 1050 in to see if there was any difference.
only relevant thing i think i could was find was that in the front of the case the piiiiiii is louder than if i plug them in the back.

tested other headphones all happen the same static noise,
tried the headphones on my phone and on a laptop they work fine.

wich now leads me to believe its the motherboard audio. tried to unplug clean dust and plug cables back again still same result.
also dont have any USB headphones to test if they work trough usb.

think this is pretty much all, can someone help me?
all drivers are up to date, manually checked everything
motherboard is H110M PRO-VH

am i missing anything, is this a faulty motherboard? and if so how did i happen out of the sudden?

Solution
well i can assume this is motherboard problem then right?
i just don't want to go buy a new one and that not solve the problem :/
If it is not the port the software the or the headset I think it is safe to assume it is the motherboard but you can fix this on the cheap by buying a USB soundcard under 10 bucks or a USB headset as those come with their own audio interface you can even buy a pci audio interface cheaper than a new motherboard. I would go with one of these solutions especially if you want to upgrade soon

rag0n

Reputable
Oct 7, 2017
I think you already checked if your output is set to your display or your mobo audio out.
You should also check if you messed up your front audio panel connection to your mobo while you were installing the graphics card.
If i had such a problem i would try to rule out software issues at first by running a different OS from a bootable usb stick such as ubuntu to check if the problem persists. If it doesn't maybe a new windows reinstall solves it and anyway you will know your mobo is healthy.

May 5, 2020
I think you already checked if your output is set to your display or your mobo audio out.
You should also check if you messed up your front audio panel connection to your mobo while you were installing the graphics card.
If i had such a problem i would try to rule out software issues at first by running a different OS from a bootable usb stick such as ubuntu to check if the problem persists. If it doesn't maybe a new windows reinstall solves it and anyway you will know your mobo is healthy.
So i just tried it on unbunto. Couldnt get it to play audio to the TV but when i plugged in the headphones the same static noise was still there

May 5, 2020
Did you try to disconnect the front panel from the motherboard?
tried it now and still hear the sound. a lot less louder but still there and still no audio output.

Ive also just tried to update to the latest bios as i saw someone suggest on other forum and still no fix. im starting to get desperate

rag0n

Reputable
Oct 7, 2017
You should be able to assign any port to output from your audio drivers. Try plugging it in the pink or blue or even other colors if you have a multi channel board and assign this port to be speakers headphones or front L R

May 5, 2020
You should be able to assign any port to output from your audio drivers. Try plugging it in the pink or blue or even other colors if you have a multi channel board and assign this port to be speakers headphones or front L R
oh great idea. I just tried plugging the audio to the microphone port and it made no sound, as soon as i choosed headphones on the realtek hd audio manager. the noise came back

rag0n

Reputable
Oct 7, 2017
well i can assume this is motherboard problem then right?
i just don't want to go buy a new one and that not solve the problem :/
If it is not the port the software the or the headset I think it is safe to assume it is the motherboard but you can fix this on the cheap by buying a USB soundcard under 10 bucks or a USB headset as those come with their own audio interface you can even buy a pci audio interface cheaper than a new motherboard. I would go with one of these solutions especially if you want to upgrade soon

Solution