[SOLVED] Need help with my Ram

Borzalino14

Reputable
Jun 8, 2020
Can ya'll suggest whats the compatible ram for my set up? i have three ram which is 2 crucial ddr3 8gb 1600mhz and the one is sk hynix which is also 8gb and ddr3. According to the part number my two crucial sticks are unbuffered and non ecc then my Hynix is ecc udimm and is Dual rank so my total ram in 4 slots was 3 i am thinking if i can buy one.
So the case now is i don't want to waste money choosing the wrong ram. I wonder if i can buy another sk hynix in another shop. I have tried pluggin in a random ddr3 memory its 1333mhz btw and when i start my pc may fans just spin then stop then spin,stop... my pc wont post unless i removed it any help and suggestion would be appreciated!!! :>

This is my specs btw

Asus b85m-g
Core i7-4790
24gbs Ram
Seasonic X 750w 80+
Jetstream Gtx 1070

And according to command prompt this is my Dram Specs

Attributes=2
BankLabel=BANK 0
Capacity=8589934592
Caption=Physical Memory
ConfiguredClockSpeed=1600
ConfiguredVoltage=
CreationClassName=Win32_PhysicalMemory
DataWidth=64
Description=Physical Memory
DeviceLocator=ChannelA-DIMM0
FormFactor=8
HotSwappable=
InstallDate=
InterleaveDataDepth=
InterleavePosition=
Manufacturer=1315
MaxVoltage=
MemoryType=24
MinVoltage=
Model=
Name=Physical Memory
OtherIdentifyingInfo=
PartNumber=CT102464BD160B.C16
PositionInRow=
PoweredOn=
Removable=
Replaceable=
SerialNumber=E0699B82
SKU=
SMBIOSMemoryType=24
Speed=1600
Status=
Tag=Physical Memory 0
TotalWidth=64
TypeDetail=128
Version=

Attributes=2
BankLabel=BANK 1
Capacity=8589934592
Caption=Physical Memory
ConfiguredVoltage=
DataWidth=64
DeviceLocator=ChannelA-DIMM1
FormFactor=8
HotSwappable=
InstallDate=
InterleaveDataDepth=
InterleavePosition=
Manufacturer=Hynix/Hyundai
MaxVoltage=
MemoryType=24
MinVoltage=
Model=
Name=Physical Memory
OtherIdentifyingInfo=
PartNumber=HMT41GU7BFR8A-PB
PositionInRow=
PoweredOn=
Removable=
Replaceable=
SerialNumber=51A44130
SKU=
SMBIOSMemoryType=24
Speed=1600
Status=
Tag=Physical Memory 1
TotalWidth=128
TypeDetail=128
Version=

Attributes=2
BankLabel=BANK 2
Capacity=8589934592
Caption=Physical Memory
ConfiguredVoltage=
DataWidth=64
DeviceLocator=ChannelB-DIMM0
FormFactor=8
HotSwappable=
InstallDate=
InterleaveDataDepth=
InterleavePosition=
Manufacturer=1315
MaxVoltage=
MemoryType=24
MinVoltage=
Model=
Name=Physical Memory
OtherIdentifyingInfo=
PartNumber=CT102464BD160B.C16
PositionInRow=
PoweredOn=
Removable=
Replaceable=
SerialNumber=E0699715
SKU=
SMBIOSMemoryType=24
Speed=1600
Status=
Tag=Physical Memory 2
TotalWidth=64
TypeDetail=128
Version=

Solution
Your motherboard can support a maximum of 32GB's of ram. Divide that capacity across 4 slots, then you get 8GB per slot support. The chipset will not allow you to go higher than DDR3-1600MHz so your limitations for ram purchases are 8GB DDR3-1600MHz rated to run at a maximum of 1.65v but you can get away with 1.5v ram sticks. On the point about mixing and matching please stop doing that. If you must upgrade your rams, do so in kits and in matched pairs not mismatched pairs. Ram upgrades should be viewed like buying a pair of shoes. If you loose one shoe out of a pair you can't buy one shoe at the store, you need to buy a pair off of them regardless of what you explain to them. Similarly for reliability's sake, buy a matched pair of...

Lutfij

Titan
Your motherboard can support a maximum of 32GB's of ram. Divide that capacity across 4 slots, then you get 8GB per slot support. The chipset will not allow you to go higher than DDR3-1600MHz so your limitations for ram purchases are 8GB DDR3-1600MHz rated to run at a maximum of 1.65v but you can get away with 1.5v ram sticks. On the point about mixing and matching please stop doing that. If you must upgrade your rams, do so in kits and in matched pairs not mismatched pairs. Ram upgrades should be viewed like buying a pair of shoes. If you loose one shoe out of a pair you can't buy one shoe at the store, you need to buy a pair off of them regardless of what you explain to them. Similarly for reliability's sake, buy a matched pair of rams.

In your case, try and find the same Crucial memory kit(?) or ditch all sticks and buy 2x 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz 1.5v/1.65v ram kits. Prior to dropping in the new ram kits, please make sure you're on the latest BIOS update.

Solution