Question Need help with overclocking AMD FX 6300" on an "ASUS M5A78L-M LX3" motherboard

Zeuscy

Honorable
Mar 3, 2016
Hello everyone, I´m new to OC. So sorry for bringing up a very old topic.
Would anyone, by chance, have the "out.bat" batch file and the "AmdMsrTweaker" mentioned in some earlier posts from around 2014? I have an old PC with an "AMD FX 6300" and "ASUS M5A78L-M LX3" motherboard.

On another post about AmdMsrTweaker, the zippyshare file links are dead. On other posts they are missing or give errors.

Any information anyone might have regarding safe overclocking, say up 4 or 4,5Ghz for this combo would be a great help to revive my old machine.
Many thanks,
Paul

Zeuscy

Honorable
Mar 3, 2016
Received a helpful suggestion on another platform, added a NOX cooler for 19€, and made a few tweaks, now running at 4.2Ghz. But want to try to more. So asking for help. Anybody have the out.bat" batch file and the "AmdMsrTweaker" mentioned in earlier posts on tom´s hardware?

logainofhades

Titan
It may be working now, but it won't for long. The vrm's, on that motherboard, are weak, and have no heatsink. I had a similar boards, myself, that had said heatsinks, that didn't fare any better. Those 760g boards were poorly designed, on the power delivery side of things.

4745454b

Titan
They were a mid range board for cpus 2 arches before the fx chips. They weren't designed for the power loads fx puts on it. They are ok boards, but meant for the stars arch.

I know you are looking for more, but i also know this is going to end in failure.

TRENDING THREADS