[SOLVED] Need help with pc components.

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
Hello,

Am slowly getting parts for my new pc, but still have few questions that i wanna ask before i buy rest. Here i part picker list of what i have and what i want get
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/h7ckvf

• Parts with 0$ value is what i already have. (CPU, RAM, Motherboard)
  • Missing key parts is what i'm not entirely sure about yet. (PSU, Storage)
  • Parts with price or 'No Prices Available' is what i want to get. (AIO, GPU, Case)
  • Case is MSI MPG VELOX 100R, part picker just does not have one it seems.
  • Will update win 10 to 11 once pc done.
Now few questions i want to ask is:

1. Is there anything new in PSU world or should i just get some good 850-1000W one right away?
  2. Is it worth to get 3080ti for my CPU or stay with 3080?
  3. Need good suggestions for storage.
    3.1. 250-500GB m2 for system.
    3.2. 1TB m2 for games.
    3.3. 2-4TB Hard drive for rest.
    3.4. My motherboard have 3 Gen4 x4 slots, guess both gen4 m2's would be good.
  4. I was not been able to find any info regarding does my motherboard support A-RGB FAN?

Solution
  1. You simply can not do better than the Seasonic GX-850. It has a 12 year warranty.
  2. Worth is something only YOU can determine. 3080 or better is for gaming at 4k resolution.
I would keep that on the list. Even 3070 if budget is an issue.
You can use integrated graphics until you can find a graphics card at a decent price.
3. On storage, I would get a 2tb m.2 for everything. Samsung 970 evo plus would be good. SSD devices show impressive benchmark numbers for fast sequential processing, but the reality is that you can' tell any difference.
An amusing video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DKLA7w9eeA

I would defer on the HDD until you actually need the space.
The...

Lutfij

Titan
1| Look for a Seasonic 850W unit, if not Seasonic, something from Corsair.
2| If the price difference isn't much(where you're located), then the higher spec'd GPU would be the way to go, then upgrade processor later.
3| What sort of a budget have you allocated to your storage options?
4| Per the motherboard's manual, here, you have access to ARGB and RGB headers;
∙ 1x 4-pin RGB LED connector ∙ 2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connectors ∙ 4x EZ Debug LED, mentioned under spec's also on page 24 and 25. You can pick up a 5 way ARGB splitter and have that tethered to one of the JRAINBOW headers on the motherboard.

If I were you, I'd have kept the AIO to MSI as well.

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
1| Look for a Seasonic 850W unit, if not Seasonic, something from Corsair.
2| If the price difference isn't much(where you're located), then the higher spec'd GPU would be the way to go, then upgrade processor later.
3| What sort of a budget have you allocated to your storage options?
4| Per the motherboard's manual, here, you have access to ARGB and RGB headers;
∙ 1x 4-pin RGB LED connector ∙ 2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connectors ∙ 4x EZ Debug LED, mentioned under spec's also on page 24 and 25. You can pick up a 5 way ARGB splitter and have that tethered to one of the JRAINBOW headers on the motherboard.

If I were you, I'd have kept the AIO to MSI as well.
Can spend like 400e per month on part/parts. Don't really wanna pay extra for rgb or other fancy stuff on those things.
I had idea for more MSI focused build, but had no stock for MSI AIO's in my county and ASUS AIO's on discount atm, also kinda was my wish to see CPU temp, idk does any MSI have this?

P.s. It seems there is barley anything to chose from on Seasonic side in my country, so guess gotta go with Corsair.
Pss I can get Seasonic Prime GX-850 from Amazon since shipping is only 10$ will this one be alright?

Last edited:
  1. You simply can not do better than the Seasonic GX-850. It has a 12 year warranty.
  2. Worth is something only YOU can determine. 3080 or better is for gaming at 4k resolution.
You can use integrated graphics until you can find a graphics card at a decent price.
3. On storage, I would get a 2tb m.2 for everything. Samsung 970 evo plus would be good. SSD devices show impressive benchmark numbers for fast sequential processing, but the reality is that you can' tell any difference.
An amusing video:

The proper use of a HDD is for external backup.
4. You will need to download the motherboard manual since a paper copy does not come in the box.
I turned off rgb,

A thought:
You are spending about as much for a liquid cooler as you are for the cpu.
That seems wrong to me.
In a good case like yours, buy a top air cooler like the noctua NH-D15s.
It will be quieter, more reliable, and cool equally well.

Solution
P.s. It seems there is barley anything to chose from on Seasonic side in my country, so guess gotta go with Corsair.
Pss I can get Seasonic Prime GX-850 from Amazon since shipping is only 10$ will this one be alright?
850w Prime has issues with RTX 3080. Better get a Corsair TX850M Gold or RM850x.
Are there any other brands available? XPG Core Reactor, Super Flower Leadex III Gold, Thermaltake GF1 for example?

I found this:
4 mo ago (Edited)

All 850w and above Seasonic Prime PSUs have issues with the most power hungry 3080/3090 (confirmed), maybe 6900XT (unsure) cards. It's not transient, not OCP, not OPP, it's not related to oneseasonic and the focus problem, it's a separate well-documented problem with the cards feeding the 12v sense line in the ATX 24-pin cable with noise, until the PSU mistakenly shuts down/restarts the pc.

Cutting the 12v line or putting a coil to insulate it solves the problem. When u do RMA, Seasonic sends you a cable with the 12v sense disabled, or your PSU with a new cable if u sent the whole one to RMA, (or a new one with a new cable with it disabled).

It's well documented on linustechtips forum. Jonnyguru was probably the first to come up with the cutting the wire fix while investigating AX Titanium which is based on seasonic prime.

If you overprovision by an incredible amount it reduces to chance for it to happen (increases the time before a restart occurs) Basically a complete opposite of the usual recommendation of 20-30% lower than the manufacturer recommends is enough, in this specific case, at least 30% higher is required.

Seasonic prime 750w and under is not based on the prime platform, but the focus platform instead, so as long as they are oneseasonic there shouldn't be a problem (But there could be exceptions with a titanium model, or similar, only having it work by disabling 12v sense can u be sure it's the noise feedback problem.

If you get new stock, I would hope that the proper cables were included.

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
An amusing video:

The proper use of a HDD is for external backup.
4. You will need to download the motherboard manual since a paper copy does not come in the box.
I turned off rgb,

A thought:
You are spending about as much for a liquid cooler as you are for the cpu.
That seems wrong to me.
In a good case like yours, buy a top air cooler like the noctua NH-D15s.
It will be quieter, more reliable, and cool equally well.
  • I probably will go from 1080p to 1440p or 4k later this year once pc done and tested.
  • I wont buy GPU for full price or i will have no money to live for a month lol, so i'll just pay for it over next few months, allowing me to get even top end gpu with spare money i have left after all taxes and monthly needs accounted. Just wondered if i5-12600k and 3080ti or above would work in harmony even in CPU heavy games.
  • Maybe i will replace ASUS AIO to MSI MAG CORELIQUID 280R to fit in that MSI build.
  • I was never fan of tower coolers, they take so much space inside, blocking everything, look like 'dinosaurs' compared to other parts.

• Am not to picky about noise since i been living in noisy environment for past 10 years, kinda adapted to it. My current pc actually can sound like jet engine sometimes but am fine with that. :D

Last edited:

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
850w Prime has issues with RTX 3080. Better get a Corsair TX850M Gold or RM850x.
Are there any other brands available? XPG Core Reactor, Super Flower Leadex III Gold, Thermaltake GF1 for example?
I found this:
4 mo ago (Edited)

All 850w and above Seasonic Prime PSUs have issues with the most power hungry 3080/3090 (confirmed), maybe 6900XT (unsure) cards. It's not transient, not OCP, not OPP, it's not related to oneseasonic and the focus problem, it's a separate well-documented problem with the cards feeding the 12v sense line in the ATX 24-pin cable with noise, until the PSU mistakenly shuts down/restarts the pc.

Cutting the 12v line or putting a coil to insulate it solves the problem. When u do RMA, Seasonic sends you a cable with the 12v sense disabled, or your PSU with a new cable if u sent the whole one to RMA, (or a new one with a new cable with it disabled).

It's well documented on linustechtips forum. Jonnyguru was probably the first to come up with the cutting the wire fix while investigating AX Titanium which is based on seasonic prime.

If you overprovision by an incredible amount it reduces to chance for it to happen (increases the time before a restart occurs) Basically a complete opposite of the usual recommendation of 20-30% lower than the manufacturer recommends is enough, in this specific case, at least 30% higher is required.

Seasonic prime 750w and under is not based on the prime platform, but the focus platform instead, so as long as they are oneseasonic there shouldn't be a problem (But there could be exceptions with a titanium model, or similar, only having it work by disabling 12v sense can u be sure it's the noise feedback problem.

If you get new stock, I would hope that the proper cables were included.
Maybe i'll just get Corsair HX850 instead, since my local store has it. Don't wanna go over headache of returning something that's not from my country store.