Need help with picking PSU and Ram/Mobo

Naycon

Reputable
Aug 1, 2016
Hello, i've been planning to build a new pc and here's the list of the components (would appreciate advice if i should change some of the other components):
i5-6600K
Asus Z170-K
16GB DDR4 3000MHz
XFX TS 550W
LC Power LC-CC-120
Gtx 1070
Already have both an SSD and HDD just to let you guys know.
Now I do plan to oveclock both cpu and gpu, and I'm not sure if that PSU will be enough for that (if it's not, recommend me which one should i get), also i've heard that the 3000mhz ram memory wouldn't be able to run at it's full potential on this mobo and that i should get 2133mhz or 2400mhz ones, is there any truth to that? Thanks for the answers in advance.

Solution
I agree with the recommendation for 2400 MHz memory. The money is better spent elsewhere - high-speed memory gives such tiny performance gains, it isn't worth it unless money is no object at all. Also some 2400MHz kits, like the Crucial Ballistix Sport that I'm partial too, is capable of 11-11-11-27 timing at 1.35V, which brings it even closer in performance to modules costing twice as much.

Naycon

Reputable
Aug 1, 2016

While i do appreciate your answer, could you care to explain why should i get the 2400 one? I just want to know for the next time.

scuzzycard

Honorable
I agree with the recommendation for 2400 MHz memory. The money is better spent elsewhere - high-speed memory gives such tiny performance gains, it isn't worth it unless money is no object at all. Also some 2400MHz kits, like the Crucial Ballistix Sport that I'm partial too, is capable of 11-11-11-27 timing at 1.35V, which brings it even closer in performance to modules costing twice as much.

Solution