Mar 21, 2014
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock Cooler)
GPU: Galax RTX 2070 Super
Mobo: B450 Tomahawk MAX
PSU: Gigabyte B700H
RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo 8x2 3200Mhz
HDD:Barracuda 2TB
SSD: None
Case:Cooler Master MB511 RGB (Installing 2 fans at the top so as to have 3 intake fans in the front and the top 2 fans and the rear fan as exhausts)
Monitor:AOC C24G1

This is the build I plan on making ,I need help with the following :-
1) I originally planned to buy the Powercolor red devil rx 5700 xt (triple fan) but it went out of stock and I got this at nearly the same price point but it's a dual fan card and I am concerned about thermals ,Should I wait for the 5700 xt or stick with this?
2)I want to ask about the monitor because I selected the AOC monitor because it has a VA Panel and also height adjustable stand plus the price ,I wanted to know if I should go with the MSI Optix MAG241C ,I want something durable that will last me ,I want to know if there are better 1ms 144 hz monitors
3)I haven't included an SSD because I am really concerned about the lifespan,I plan on using this pc for nearly a decade and I have a good experience with Barracuda and I am skeptical about it ,I really wanna know that if I invest in an SSD will it last?

If anyone could help me then it would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The 2070 Super is the better of the two cards regardless of the number of fans. Unless you are planning to OC your GPU you shouldn't have to worry about heat at all and with a 1080p monitor you shouldn't need to OC the GPU. Even if you do though I wouldn't worry about making a change because of this. If they are the same price I'm choosing the 2070s everytime.
Are there better monitors? Yes...... However it depends on how much you want to spend on one. For about 70 more dollars than the MSI Optix on amazon you can get this 27in 280hz, gsync compatible, 1ms ips monitor...

Mattp2017

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
The 2070 Super is the better of the two cards regardless of the number of fans. Unless you are planning to OC your GPU you shouldn't have to worry about heat at all and with a 1080p monitor you shouldn't need to OC the GPU. Even if you do though I wouldn't worry about making a change because of this. If they are the same price I'm choosing the 2070s everytime.
Are there better monitors? Yes...... However it depends on how much you want to spend on one. For about 70 more dollars than the MSI Optix on amazon you can get this 27in 280hz, gsync compatible, 1ms ips monitor https://www.amazon.com/1080p-Gaming...9f6f794fb914104fdc4be070f&language=en_US&th=1
or this 0.5 ms 27in 165hz one https://www.amazon.com/1080p-Gaming...9f6f794fb914104fdc4be070f&language=en_US&th=1
As far as ssd vs hdd's go, yes the ssd will degrade faster but it still won't start to degrade until about 10 years from now. For the price/performance you can't beat a SSD, or at least having windows run on a SSD and using a HDD for storage. SSD's are like going from dial up to high speed internet, once you use one you won't want to go back to a HDD. Here is an article on the subject.... https://www.compuram.de/blog/en/the...es-it-last-and-what-can-be-done-to-take-care/

Last edited:
Reactions: Assassin007
Solution

TRENDING THREADS