[SOLVED] Need help with rebuilding my PC

6reenranger

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Hello,

My PC that I build a few years ago has finally bit the dust. I could use some advise in what I can upgrade to while possibly using some of the current parts that still are in working condition. It has been a while since I built the first pc so many things have changed in the market any help would be much appreciated. For my pc needs I do work on it from home, while also gaming mostly mmo's and a few games like Witcher and monster hunter. But would like to possible look forward and build towards something that can run cyber punk. I have copied the parts list of the items that are still in working order. With these remaining parts I would need a CPU, Motherboard, and graphics card. Thanks again for any help with this matter.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F2PKBc

Solution
You'll have to get DDR4 memory, preferably 3200mhz or above. Get a Ryzen 5 3600 or above, maybe even 5000 series. A B550 board (or B450 if you wanna cut costs there), try Strix, Aorus or Tomahawk. If you want high refresh above 1080p gaming then 3070 is best, otherwise 3060 is more than enough. Or if you're just going for 1080p60 then RTX 2060+R5 3600+B450 Tomahawk and 3200mhz RAM is enough. Keep the cooler, it's a beast
You'll have to get DDR4 memory, preferably 3200mhz or above. Get a Ryzen 5 3600 or above, maybe even 5000 series. A B550 board (or B450 if you wanna cut costs there), try Strix, Aorus or Tomahawk. If you want high refresh above 1080p gaming then 3070 is best, otherwise 3060 is more than enough. Or if you're just going for 1080p60 then RTX 2060+R5 3600+B450 Tomahawk and 3200mhz RAM is enough. Keep the cooler, it's a beast

Solution
Hello,

My PC that I build a few years ago has finally bit the dust. I could use some advise in what I can upgrade to while possibly using some of the current parts that still are in working condition. It has been a while since I built the first pc so many things have changed in the market any help would be much appreciated. For my pc needs I do work on it from home, while also gaming mostly mmo's and a few games like Witcher and monster hunter. But would like to possible look forward and build towards something that can run cyber punk. I have copied the parts list of the items that are still in working order. With these remaining parts I would need a CPU, Motherboard, and graphics card. Thanks again for any help with this matter.

You really need to give a budget to properly answer this. Also, what monitor resolution and refresh rate are you aiming for?

dimtodim

Reputable
Hello,

du u want in new build stay with dd3?what type of case u have?and what size of mobo u need?i suggest if u will stay on dd3 go for i7 3770 u can find him on good price second hand