Need Help with Space Bar Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

brf_offline

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
As of yesterday, I removed the keys from my keyboard and cleaned out the underneath since the keyboard is LED backlit. It went flawlessly, except for removing the space bar. I tried removing it carefully, but I only removed the spring-like bar from underneath, and now they key is loud when pressed and it's slow. Being that this is my first time removing keys, I don't understand how to detach the key from the stabilizers. I looked online and found my keyboard isn't mechanical, so I have no clue in the slightest how to remove it (since most tutorials show you how to remove mechanical space bars). I've been trying to put the bar back into the space bar but to no avail. If someone would get back to me within the day I would heavily appreciate it. :D
Thank you!

Keyboard: Blackweb Centaur BWA15HO108

Lutfij

Titan
You should sue two very small/thin flat head screw drivers to take the space bar off. You will need to start at the very right of the space bar with one of the screw drivers. Then use the second driver to create some leverage/leeway along the left of the space bar(where you've introduced the first screw driver).

You should be able to pop the right side off it's mount and then do the same for the middle and the left side.

This isn't an exact guide but something similar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vPKPpiyNMg

brf_offline

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018

I don't mean to be a nag, but what do you mean when you say "sue?"

brf_offline

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018

I've tried firmly but gently removing it this way, however, with my previous work on the space bar, I've found that it just will not budge as if it were stuck.

Aug 9, 2019

I've tried firmly but gently removing it this way, however, with my previous work on the space bar, I've found that it just will not budge as if it were stuck.
i've been trying to remve mine today. i ended up cracking the spacebar trying to remove it. hopefully you see this at some point. to remove the spacebar i've found that there are 2 screws holding it down on the underside of the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.