Build Advice Need help with upgrade!

MattOlivoto

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Hi guys, I came here a couple years ago when i upgraded my GTX and you guys helped me a lot with my questions, so here I'm again.

For now, those are my parts
CPU: i5 4440 3.1Ghz
MB: LGA 1150 mATX GA-B85M-D3PH
PSU: Corsair CX500 V2 500W
Monitor: 1920x1080 Full HD
GTX1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

I'm more like a Performance > Quality type of person, so I really need to see that 60fps on my screen and not fall from that to keep me playing happy hahaha, and I do stream my gameplay now, so it demands more of my stuff to get this going, thats why I need you guys opinion

My MB socket is the LGA1150, my question is:
1- Which motherboard should I look for now? I don't mind changing parts to AMD if it's better for now.

2- Changing motherboard means that i'll probably need to upgrade my memories too, so which ones should I look for?

3- I'm looking forward to play at least 60fps(until i look for a monitor with higher refresh rate, só I will probably want to try 144 since i never played using one of those lol), at least on High image quality games like Dying Light 2, Cyberpunk 2077, etc

4- Would I have to change my PSU too, probably. So which one should I look for?

5- And my cabinet is kinda small, so i'll probably have to look for more space. I really love those in white colors, so I'll gladly hear some opinions on that too if possible.

Couple years ago, people recomend z270 and i7 7700k or X360 and R7 1700, but since I've posted that 2 years ago, I tought I might come back here and see if is there anything better now.

PS: Sorry for my english, not my first language.

PS2: Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Last edited by a moderator: