Question Need Help with USB status

Apr 28, 2023
I am in the middle of my work station PC build. I have an ASUS B450 and a 6000D case. The case has as a USB input. It also has a 3.0 cable. My ASUS mother board has a male 19 pin header that connects to the case USB cable. My MB Manual states the following: "This motherboard does not have a USB 3.0 module. It must be purchased separately". I don't get it. They build the MB with a 3.O header but fail to install the appropriate module. I am really confused on this. I can buy a card which has all of the USB headers, but why. I guess I can attempt the OS install. If I receive the error about no USB connection, I will need to get the card. Will the USB port on the rear of MB work. I am so pissed at ASUS. They even failed to send me the proper mounting hardware for the M.2.

I am in the middle of my work station PC build. I have an ASUS B450 and a 6000D case. The case has as a USB input. It also has a 3.0 cable. My ASUS mother board has a male 19 pin header that connects to the case USB cable. My MB Manual states the following: "This motherboard does not have a USB 3.0 module. It must be purchased separately". I don't get it. They build the MB with a 3.O header but fail to install the appropriate module. I am really confused on this. I can buy a card which has all of the USB headers, but why. I guess I can attempt the OS install. If I receive the error about no USB connection, I will need to get the card. Will the USB port on the rear of MB work. I am so pissed at ASUS. They even failed to send me the proper mounting hardware for the M.2.
This may be a bad translation of language or a technical writing error by one of their employees. The "module" they may be referring to would be the little circuit board built into the front of your case where the usb ports are connected. In addition, there are different types of usb modules available for those who do not have usb ports built into their cases. If you connect the cable from your case to the 19 pin header you may find that everything works perfectly.

Last edited: