Question Need help with video feed.

Bumblestinker

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Sorry, by this will be long.

Hello. I have finished the physical build side of my dream PC.

Now, I am ready to install the OS and all the software, but I’ve hit a snag and I need help.

My case is the Obsidian 1000D which will contain two PCs in one case. I’m building the secondary, Mini-ITX PC first.

Note: All the physical work was done on a non-conductive rubber anti-static PC work mat and using a anti-static wrist strap. Wrist strap was worn on my right arm and the other end was connected to the work mat. The alligator clip on one side was connected to the mat and in the other, was clipped to a dead metal PSU’s fan vent. Never once came off. The dead PSU (which never turned on or received power) was then plugged into the nearest power outlet. I even frequently placed my hand on the dead PSU itself. Did whatever I could to discharge all static.

Anyway, after finishing the build, I reached the moment of truth by flipping the PSU and pressed the start button. Most, if not everything, starts. However, I don’t see anything on screen. I’m using an LED TV as my monitor for the time being.

I have the HDMI cord plugged into the motherboard and to the TV, which is turned on and set to HDMI. I tried HDMI 1-3. Nothing shows. What should I do? It seems that the TV is not receiving the right signal. The motherboard and GPU have Display Port jacks. Could it be that?

Checklist:
The MSI Z390I Gaming Edge AC receives power, indicating the start button works.

I can’t tell of the CPU starts up. Case doesn’t have CPU activity light.

Power supply is the Corsair SF750 80 Plus Platinum small form factor PSU. I believe I have enough power for everything.

All 5 fans spin and light up (2 ML120 non-RGB fans + 2 ML120 RGB fans + 1 LL120 fan).

NVidia GTX Titan Xp Star Wars Galactic Empire Edition GPU lights up, blower fan spins, and is securely fastened to the motherboard. Cannot be inserted any further. Heard the clicking sound.

A Samsung V-NAND 970 Pro 512GB M.2 is properly installed and its screw is not overly tightened. Did slightly bend it by 1m. Found the proper standoff screw to seat it properly.

The two DDR4 16GB 3200 RAM sticks are locked down tight on the motherboard. Cannot be inserted any further. Installed before installing the motherboard into the case.

The i9-9900K CPU was very gently inserted into its socket the RIGHT way as indicated by the notches and white triangle on the chip. Properly locked into place using the lever. No bent pins I believe (I don’t want to risk damaging anything by checking). I watched beginner’s guide on YouTube for this and the entire build.

The H100i RGB Platinum liquid cooler waterblock/pump as gently placed on top of the processor and NOT overly tightened. Only used fingertips to tighten screws even when using screwdriver.

Proper amount of thermal paste was applied. Made the mistake of having to reseat the waterblock/pump head. Wiped off the top of the CPU and copper plate with 70% alcoholic wipes and allowed to dry completely.

I did drop a thumbscrew in between the RAM slots and the waterblock. Fished it out with a pair of technical tweezers.

All cable cords are plugged in properly, as indicated by power. The 24-pin power connector and 8-pin CPU power connector (the motherboard only has one CPU 8-pin header) are plugged in properly. I have a second 8-pin CPU connector which I can’t plug in anywhere, except the PSU itself.