Need Help with Windows 8 Installation

ishfaqpeerzada

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I tried to install windows 8 32bit on my pc. But by mistake i did'nt format the drive & installed over old windows,it showed 2 volumes of win 8 during installation. Then after sucessful installation, it was showing windows old folder in c. I reinstalled os but this time i format drive but still same case of volumes, i use default but nothing happen. Then i press enter & it get started. The voltage was very low & pc got shut down.
Now my question is how to clean install windows 8. Pls help. By the way itz HP All in one pc 1101ix.

USAFRet

Titan
First question - Do you want to keep anything from the old install?

If not, then when it asks where to install, select Advanced.
Select each partition, and Delete
You are left with one large space
Format that
Then let Windows install to that space. It will create what it needs.

embers

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
If you have a disc or USB that has the Windows 8 ISO on, then boot up from either then follow the onscreen instructions. When you get to the page where it asks you about where to install Windows, click on custom and delete all volumes and click on next (This will wipe the whole drive/ all data will be lost). If you are still having issues, please visit this webpage: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/clean-install

Also remember to leave best answer... That way the thread is marked as solved.

ishfaqpeerzada

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

U mean i should install it on C with advanced mode & files on D & E will remain there.

USAFRet

Titan

Yes. If those drive are physically disconnected, the fresh install on the C drive will not affect them.

ishfaqpeerzada

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
What physically disconected. Itz single inbuilt Hard Drive of 500gb. I am a beginer. Sorry, if i am irritating you. Sorry again but pls help, itz office pc. So i don't wana get insulted by my boss, who is not good at computers too. So pls help

USAFRet

Titan

Ah. That is why I asked if D and E were physically different drives.
It appears they are not, and are just partitions on the single 500GB drive.

If these are 'important files', you should have a backup of them anyway.

My suggestion? One of 2 ways:
1. Get an external drive. Save any and all critical data to that drive.
Verify you have everything you need. Data, drivers, etc, etc.
Check it again
Maybe check a 3rd time, tomorrow.
Then do a full reinstall of the OS on that drive as per the above instructions.

or

2. Install the OS, being very, very, very careful as to which partitions you delete and install to. I've seen many, many people go 'oops...I deleted the wrong partition'.

But....if these are 'important files'...they really need to be backed up on another drive anyway. So get another drive to do that.

ishfaqpeerzada

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I deleted all the partitions & create 3 new partitions. Partition 2,3&4,partition 1 was system reserved. Installed os on partition 2. Will it be ok now. I think we can't install os on system reserved partition. Now will my pc be ok.