Need idea for desktop to watch youtube

Hakou

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Buying another PC and all I need it for is to watch youtube, browse the internet, and just be generally quick enough for basic needs without lagging. A prebuilt would be best in my opinion if anybody can suggest one. Thanks.

I was looking through amazon and wondering if I should just buy one from there prebuilt

Solution

it's always best to build one. like that dell PC that was posted earlier it would only use integrated graphics but it would be good for your uses for some time but if you ever need to get a new graphics card down the road for better video playback its best to do a custom build because pre-built PC's are not upgrade friendly when it comes to things like upgrading a CPU or graphics card.

look at dell and hp web page for sales/close outs. with there perbuilts make sure there using a standard case and power supply so you can add an gpu if you need one latter on. there alos micro center for pre built pc. if you can wait a bit there going to be holiday black friday/cyber monday sales in a few weeks.

Hakou

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dell's having a sale right now at https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/category/desktops .. should I just go with one of those prebuilts they have?

it's always best to build one. like that dell PC that was posted earlier it would only use integrated graphics but it would be good for your uses for some time but if you ever need to get a new graphics card down the road for better video playback its best to do a custom build because pre-built PC's are not upgrade friendly when it comes to things like upgrading a CPU or graphics card.

Solution

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Hakou : "Parts for PC to watch youtube and browse"

My first instinct is to say: Buy a last gen used office PC. Like the 1 Liter Lenovo Tiny.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XLenovo+tiny.TRS0&_nkw=lenovo+tiny&_sacat=0

i5, Windows 10, $199 or less.

I repaired 5 listed as broken (things like bad HD or no VGA), and gave them out for Christmas gifts for use as family TV PCs. That means youtube, browsing, casual games like Jack box. Total was less than $250 spent on the lot. Snappy little machines with i5 (or i7) and an SSD.

But it really is more fun to build new from scratch. That is why we are here, no?