[SOLVED] need information on mac os

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathWish_007

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
guys i am building a pc with i7-6850k, nvidia geforce gtx 1080 ti and lga 2011-3 x99 series motherboard. i am studying as game developer so i need my pc for professional use and as well as gaming use.
so i have doubt there if i buy motherboards like asus x99 gaming 7, msi x99a gaming will that support mac os??
can i use duel os in that motherboards
if not suggest any good motherboard with lga 2011-3 chip for duel os (mac and windows)

Solution
You can't dual boot Mac OS, and that is why many people have an issue with Apple. The only way you're going to get a legal version of Mac OS and to be able to dual boot Windows onto a machine is going to be by buying an Apple product, and dual booting Windows onto that.

genthug

Honorable
You can't dual boot Mac OS, and that is why many people have an issue with Apple. The only way you're going to get a legal version of Mac OS and to be able to dual boot Windows onto a machine is going to be by buying an Apple product, and dual booting Windows onto that.

Solution

McHenryB

Admirable
If you are going to use your computer for professional purposes it doesn't make sense to put a hacked OS on it. You are opening up a legal minefield if you use such a system for commercial purposes.

If you need to use OS X for professional purposes then buy a Mac Mini; they're cheap enough nowadays.

genthug

Honorable
Mac Minis are cheap, however they lack power at their price point for professional work. $500 for a dual core with a base clock of 1.4GHz, turbo of 2.7GHz, 4GB of RAM, and a 5400RPM drive? Unfortunately that's simply not going to cut it. When you move up the to the $700 price, you get a higher base clock, 400MHz of turbo boost overhead, 8GB of RAM, and a (larger) 5400RPM drive. And at $1000? You still have a dual core. You still only have 8GB of RAM. The only added feature to it is a Fusion drive in lieu of the 5400RPM drive, which is much much better than the full mechanical drive, however the rest of the specs simply still do not cut it. If it were for light work then that would be fine; but it's not. Game developing can get to be very strenuous on a system. Software compatibility shouldn't be an issue as bootcamp is available... but to run both games and game develop you're going to want a dedicated GPU. Which puts you in the range of the iMacs, Macbook Pros, and Mac Pros.

Depending on what you're game devving for, how intensive the engines are going to be (is it going to be as intensive as Void? or is it going to use Undertale's engine?), and how strenuous the games you want to play are going to be could end up with an entirely different recommendation of say, splitting the budget between a Mac, and a gaming computer. It can absolutely be done; it would not be optimal but it can be done.

McHenryB

Admirable
You don't want an illegally copied OS for your development machine. Unless you own a Mac there is no legal way to obtain the OS.

And if Macs aren't up to the job of running your games there is little point in developing for them. Too many developers use high powered computers to produce software that won't run on real users' machines.

Further than that we can't go as forum rules are strict about discussion of Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.