Question Need Instructions or Tutorial on Operation of Realtek Audio Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Hi; i've recently installed the Asus Tuf B450 Pro Gaming MB. It comes with the Realtek audio onboard sound which includes a 'Control Panel', however, I can not control the thing and having no luck in understanding exactly what the panel does and how to set it up to do what i want. I've scoured the web and youtube but there seems to be nothing posted. Asus even told me they could not help with that. Someone here, surely, has a reference for a detailed instruction for this, yeah.
The driver i downloaded from Asus for win 10 is version 6.0.1.8666

Thank you

Ralston18

Titan
Please describe the "control" problems being experienced. What is or is not happening with respect to audio?

Check Device Manager: Audio inputs and outputs.

Run the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

http://windowsbulletin.com/realtek-hd-audio-manager/

http://maxedtech.com/realtek-audio-best-settings-guide/

"WIN" + "I" > System > Sound will lead to many audio configuration options.

As will right-clicking the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right screen corner.

You should see a drop down menu box with four choices. Each choice will likewise lead to multiple sound configuration options.

Be very methodical, look at all the options, defaults, and current configuration settings. Compare to what you know and/or expect.

Make only one change at a time and keep notes in case you need to reverse some change.

Hi; i've recently installed the Asus Tuf B450 Pro Gaming MB. It comes with the Realtek audio onboard sound which includes a 'Control Panel', however, I can not control the thing and having no luck in understanding exactly what the panel does and how to set it up to do what i want. I've scoured the web and youtube but there seems to be nothing posted. Asus even told me they could not help with that. Someone here, surely, has a reference for a detailed instruction for this, yeah.
The driver i downloaded from Asus for win 10 is version 6.0.1.8666

Thank you
I've never seen any instructions for the RealTek audio panel, but then it does seem MOSTLY intuitive to me. I say mostly because there are a few things I still wonder about: like the setting to 'Tie up same type of input jacks.....as an input device'. No idea what that does, but it kind of makes sense that if I have no use for it it doesn't really matter what it does anyway so I leave it alone.

The ONE thing I wish it would allow is swapping left and right channels; I've never found how to do that without hardware mods. I desperately want the cord of my headphones to hang on my RIGHT side but that would alter the sound stage unacceptably. Oh well.

Otherwise, the panel is pretty simple and most things can be learned by experimenting. For instance: change some of the 'Environment' settings to different room types while playing a piece of music and you'll get an idea of what they do. Same with the Equalizer.

After playing with it for a while (you can't really hurt anything doing that) and develop some more specific questions, ask here and someone will help.

Last edited:

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
i plugged in pair of speakers in the front panel and a pair in the back. i want sound from both, however, even if i manage to get sound from both, i can't have volume control only on one pair. right now, after tinkering, i no longer have sound from both at the same time. when i do trouble shooting, i hit test and both pairs sound off. it's not at all intuitive for me and i've contacted realtek so maybe they'll send me a dang instruction book :/
hope you get your issues worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.