olafec

Honorable
Aug 4, 2015
I am about to upgrade and I already have a Ryzen 9 3900X. I've been scouring online recommendations, and whittled the list down to 3 motherboards that seem to get high praises:

ASRock B550 EXTREME4
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON

I currently have a MSI GAMING B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC and I love it; however, I have no preference at all for my new build. I wont be overclocking and will be using it to game+stream regularly. What do you recommend, or have a different/better recommendation? Thanks!

Solution
Out of the 3 boards above, the ASUS and ASROCK units are slightly better than the MSI board. But, you should only consider them if that B450 board is within return window. There is no point getting a new B550 over a B450 you already own when it is fully capable of running the 3900x with BIOS version 7B85v17 or above.
Out of the 3 boards above, the ASUS and ASROCK units are slightly better than the MSI board. But, you should only consider them if that B450 board is within return window. There is no point getting a new B550 over a B450 you already own when it is fully capable of running the 3900x with BIOS version 7B85v17 or above.

Solution