Question Need motherboard upgrade advice on the selection on selecting a 10th or 11th generation board??

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
I currently have a Asus X299 Mark 2 motherboard with my i9 7900x processor and a Corsair H100i v2 liquid cooling. I plan to upgrade to a i9 10850k so i need a 10th generation motherboard or even a 10th and 11th generation motherboard. My number one pick right now is the Asus Rog Maximus XIII Z590 EXTREME GLACIAL but the price is at $1800 which is insane and literally the highest priced motherboard in history but it has some cool features like the built in liquid cooling pathways and cpu radiator water black. Plus i really like the on board 2" led screen that gives you diagnostic info and temps of your hardware. I found 2 others that are pretty close the next one is the Asus Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 which has the 2" led screen with the diagnostic info but no built in liquid cooling options but i can add those options 3rd party but its another super high priced but $1000 cheaper so its $900. My final selection is EK-Quantum MSI MPG Z590 CARBON EK X D-RGB (https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-msi-mpg-z590-carbon-ek-x-d-rgb) which has the built in liquid cooling options on the board but no 2" screen but its only $500. let me know your suggestions?

if you got money burning a hole in your shorts, go for the one you like the best.

in the back of my mind i still feel like i'm nuts spending $200 or more on a board,
but i do it because i know in most of these cases you get what you pay for.

keep in mind that Z590 is still a fairly new chipset and we may not get the best possible performance until further updates come about.
my ASUS Z590-E is doing pretty well though.

Reactions: zodz77

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
im hoping something comparable comes out but if not i may grab the extreme glacial. but i really dont want a 11th generation cpu right now im good with like a i9 10850k. but id like a board that can support 10th and 11th generation cpu's.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost