Discussion Need Opinions About Recording Hardware

Victor_3

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
Hello!

Recently while playing with friends, I recorded some best moments clips and notice this buzzing in my microphone that pursues me for a long time lol (I do believe I already made a thread about this, anyway...).

I had this problem on my laptop that the solution to make it disappear was touching the metal part around touchpad, now with a new built desktop it does the exact same thing (touching the case will stop the buzzing) so now I believe its the wiring in my house.

With that above in mind I'm wondering if buying an internal sound card will solve the problem (looking at Asus Xonar AE7.1) - but my GPU is too big so maybe I should wait for new gpu's since I'm also willing to upgrade -

Another doubt is: I'm looking to either buy Blue Yeti or Rode NT but instead of asking you which one is better I will ask if you know if with either one of them the buzzing will go away, do you know if they have internal grounding or whatever technology to prevent buzzing?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Recently while playing with friends, I recorded some best moments clips and notice this buzzing in my microphone that pursues me for a long time lol (I do believe I already made a thread about this, anyway...).

I had this problem on my laptop that the solution to make it disappear was touching the metal part around touchpad, now with a new built desktop it does the exact same thing (touching the case will stop the buzzing) so now I believe its the wiring in my house.

With that above in mind I'm wondering if buying an internal sound card will solve the problem (looking at Asus Xonar AE7.1) - but my GPU is too big so maybe I should wait for new gpu's since I'm also willing to upgrade -

Another doubt is: I'm looking to either buy Blue Yeti or Rode NT but instead of asking you which one is better I will ask if you know if with either one of them the buzzing will go away, do you know if they have internal grounding or whatever technology to prevent buzzing?

Thanks in advance!
most sound cards have per 3.5mm jack grounding as far as I know

my old asus strix soar has it.