Q6600 G0 95w TDP at stock volt 1.2875V
graphic card that is 75w~80w TDP that take its power from mainboard
mainboard gigabyte EP43-ds3l
8(2x4)GB DDR2 bus 800 at 1.88v
one harddisk wd blue 7200rpm sata
one harddisk wd green 5400rpm sata
one 120m Fan take its power from mainboard
i use intel stock cooler but in cool room

-I have couple of questions that i need it answer in order to decide if it is safe to overclock or not with my power supply

1-what is exact total power consumption of my above system during 100% load without overclocking?

2-i think my total power consumption without overclocking under 100 load for cpu+gpu+all other parts is 95+80+100=275 walt so i wonder is this calculation is right? although i i think 100 walt for other pc components is too much i think it is around 65 to 75 walt or less?

3-what is exact total power consumption of my q6600 CPU during 100% load with overclocking
at @3.00 on stock volt 1.2875v and at @3.2 on stock volt 1.2875v and @3.4 on1.364v and @3.6 on 1.364 volt?

4-why overclock with same setting works on win7sp1 and fail on win10 anniversary build during gaming ROTR?

5-last Question is it safe to overclock on this HEC 350 walt power supply and will it cause or already caused damages to graphic card or harddrives ? or shall i be safe and not to overclock although i think it is good PSU

Notes:
-i already tested overclock at max cpu and max gpu (100%)load
at both @3.0 and @3.2 on stock volt 1.2875v work well on windows 7 and able to play ROTR game and cpu temps are good

@3.0 on stock volt 1.2875v work well on windows 10 and able to play ROTR game and cpu temps are good

@3.2 on stock volt 1.2875v able to boot to win10 but Playing ROTR game crash only under 100 load(i don't know why although same settting on windows 7 work well) and cpu temps are good

@3.4 and maybe@3.6 both on Auto volt on BIOS which is 1.364v and cpu temps are high due to high volt

@3.4 on Auto on BIOS 1.364v i was able to boot on windwos 7 and windows 10 and
able to play game on win 7 and cpu temps are high due to high volt

-i don't want to use powersupply calculator web site as it is not that accurate and i want as possible exact power consumption for my pc components above and is there aging factor for PSU to be included on power consumption calculation although i read it is not accurate to include it

Thanks in advance and sorry for very long description and many questions as I'm newbie

Solution
1. roughly 300W under heavy load (based on average of 205W without added GPU so you may be going above 300W which is borderline for your CPU which is one possible reason your overclocks fail. Other reasons include CPU itself, temperature, motherboard voltage stability but certainly the PSU is a problem for overclocking)
- http://www.anandtech.com/show/2303/2?_ga=2.127978188.1383874382.1498361930-1604749385.1491753516
- 205W + 70W GPU estimate + 25W others (HDD etc)
(FYI, TDP isn't a measure of power drawn so an "80W TDP" might only be 60W. It's I believe called "Thermal Design Point" and usually the maximum power, but sometimes it's way off. Usually, several components of the same type, like CPU's, are grouped under the same TDP value...
1. roughly 300W under heavy load (based on average of 205W without added GPU so you may be going above 300W which is borderline for your CPU which is one possible reason your overclocks fail. Other reasons include CPU itself, temperature, motherboard voltage stability but certainly the PSU is a problem for overclocking)
- http://www.anandtech.com/show/2303/2?_ga=2.127978188.1383874382.1498361930-1604749385.1491753516
- 205W + 70W GPU estimate + 25W others (HDD etc)
(FYI, TDP isn't a measure of power drawn so an "80W TDP" might only be 60W. It's I believe called "Thermal Design Point" and usually the maximum power, but sometimes it's way off. Usually, several components of the same type, like CPU's, are grouped under the same TDP value to make it easier to design things like motherboard power delivery or CPU coolers).

2. see above

3. difficult to estimate. VOLTAGE is the biggest factor, and frequency usually doesn't change power consumption much. However, there's a good chance that NOT raising the voltage would make the system unstable.

Every CPU is also different, but at a very ROUGH estimate you might add 40W if you need to raise the voltage to 3.0GHz. You can attempt to Google power consumption for that exact CPU at different voltages (ignore frequency) but I'm not going to look further.

Your power supply (and possibly cooler) are insufficient for an overclock likely. 350W is not 350W of usable power on the 12-volt rail. It may be closer to 320W and you may be spiking almost that high already.

4. hard to say. You're likely borderline functional so W10 may be drawing more power due to better utilization of your hardware.

5. No. Not safe. Damage is hard to predict depending on power supply quality etc. Most likely you'll just crash the computer, but pushing the PSU too hard can kill it. If it dies it may kill other components depending on its voltage and current protection.

SUMMARY:
If you plan to overclock, I think you should:
a) buy at least a reasonably good quality 450W PSU (see pcpartpicker), and
b) buy a better CPU cooler (if it's a 3-pin fan on the motherboard header which is likely you MUST use 3-pin fans which are VOLTAGE controlled fans. Do not use 4-pin/PWM fans which most coolers use now. I can't recommend one right now but probably will cost at least $30USD for something half decent).

c) adjust the CPU fan with motherboard fan control (ideally from the motherboard support site for that exact motherboard) software to optimize noise vs cooling (Google for the recommended max temp of that CPU)

Solution
1. your motherboard page: http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-ep43-ds3l_10/#kf

2. socket is LGA775 (for CPU cooler)

3. update BIOS to latest if it's not F3 or higher (should say in the BIOS which can be entered with "DEL" on bootup). If you check the "Support"->"Downloads" you'll find a BIOS section which says what each BIOS update does. BIOS F3 enhances overclocking support. However, you CAN potentially kill the motherboard if you flash the BIOS so if you have F3 or higher I would not risk it (perhaps not risk it even if below F3).

4. EasyTune 6 is the Windows-based overclocking utility. You can try using it instead of manual BIOS manipulation. However, using the BIOS is usually better if you know what you are doing (i.e. less aggressive on the voltage)

*Use the software listed under W8 64-bit for this and not XP.

5. I can't find any fan control software at the motherboard site. The BIOS probably has some capability you an modify though. There are OTHER software programs too like SPEEDFAN though sometimes they are hard to use and show incorrect values.

6. If you don't plan to change the CPU cooler, you should at least change the past if it's been more than five years. I had problems with some Intel CPU stock coolers though and found them hard to take off without breaking the plastic leg part that pushes into the motherboard.

7. CPU_FAN appears to have FOUR pins. If so it's a PWM fan. Thus, a good cooler would be the Cooler Master Hyper 212/Plus.

I was going to recommend the Cryorig H7 but it's not compatible with this socket. Double-check the following:
a) case clearance
b) memory clearance
c) CPU_FAN (3 or 4-pin)
d) socket support (use manufacturer page only to confirm)

Manual link:
MANUAL:
(LINK won't show correctly. So start with "http://" then take the following and add all three together in NOTEPAD or WORD, then copy into the browser header)
download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/motherboard
_manual_ga-ep43-(d)s3l(r)_e.pdf

Finally found the MANUAL in case you need it. Stupid site didn't list every language so I had to try all the blanks in the manual section.

Other points:
a) you can probably go to the REALTEK.TW page and find more up-to-date software for audio. If W10 installs Realtek software then fine, otherwise I'd go to the site and look for more up-to-date software.

b) it's POSSIBLE some SSD's may have problems with older motherboards.

c) I doubt the "download" software is useful now, especially if you have W10 (which should install most or all of the drivers you need)

d) in the BIOS, I found the fan control section. Make sure it's set to ENABLED (otherwise the CPU fan will just spin at 100%). If you use any Windows fan software it will replace the BIOS section.

*Apparently the FAN SOFTWARE is part of the Easy Tune 6 software I mentioned (get from W8 64-bit as said above). An example profile might be 40% max RPM at 50degC up to 100% at 80degC but the optimal profile varies a lot depending on CPU idle temperature and CPU temperature under load, and the recommended maximum CPU temperature).

MrHardwarex

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
to photonboy
i would like to thank you a lot for your awesome and professional reply and your time i really appreciate it and i learned a ton of important information's from it :)

-i have checked my psu 12 volt rail and found it supports only 276 walt :(
-i think my psu load is either 223w or 245w or 296w !
-i think overclock to 3 ghz without raise voltage will add extra 24 walt to psu load
-i reached that it is unsafe/risk to overclock