[SOLVED] Need recommendation for changing parts for Old PC (if needed)

Apr 12, 2020
Hello,
I built my pc about 5 years ago and it has served me well for the past years. I am still happy with it and my goal now is to try to overclock the machine and try to gain as much performance as its possible until someday it dies on me. I am happy with the most of the components so I don't think I need to change most of them. What concerns me is the RAM (not sure whether its a good option) and the pc case (seems old and outdated, want to have an upgrade and better look for 2020).

My question is should I sell the RAM and find better option and if you know a better option what would you recommend? I currently have Corsair dominator platinum DDR4 2133 Mhz but looks like my motherboard support 2400 (or maybe even higher) and I'm not sure whether its worth the money to upgrade it.

Also could you please recommend a better case option which is more 2020 and can fit all the component (since the motherboard and the h100i water cooler have some headroom issues).

I know its a bit outdated but I am happy with the performance I get and my only goal is to get the best possible upgrades for the the current system with minimal cost (although I am willing to spend more on the case)

Here is the list of all my components:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W3vGtp

Solution
Thank you for the reply. Looks like the link doesn't work, it says I should log in. Can you please send a new one ? :)
sorry, not sure exactly what NewEgg's issue is. some of the time using the link leads to their sign-in screen, sometimes straight to the list whether i'm logged in or not.
i'm guessing the difference is the "/md/" vs the "/pd/" in the link itself.

listed on there as a "Public Permalink", try:

secure.newegg.com/wishlist/pd/34786767
i've been searching through cases for the last year or so.
a shopping list with most of the better looking with better features cases i've found:

secure.newegg.com/wishlist/md/34786767?SortBy=2

if you're searching for DDR4 RAM;
the G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 has been the best price vs performance sets i've seen on most retailer sites.

there's quite a few options with the series aesthetics-wise; black/white, silver/white, RGB, ugly funky ghetto bling encrusted, and a couple other combinations.

even if your current motherboard claims it doesn't support that frequency, it will default to 2133MHz on first boot and you can work from there to see what the max speed your board will accept is.

Apr 12, 2020
i've been searching through cases for the last year or so.
a shopping list with most of the better looking with better features cases i've found:

secure.newegg.com/wishlist/md/34786767?SortBy=2

if you're searching for DDR4 RAM;
the G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 has been the best price vs performance sets i've seen on most retailer sites.

there's quite a few options with the series aesthetics-wise; black/white, silver/white, RGB, ugly funky ghetto bling encrusted, and a couple other combinations.

even if your current motherboard claims it doesn't support that frequency, it will default to 2133MHz on first boot and you can work from there to see what the max speed your board will accept is.
Thank you for the reply. Looks like the link doesn't work, it says I should log in. Can you please send a new one ? :)

sorry, not sure exactly what NewEgg's issue is. some of the time using the link leads to their sign-in screen, sometimes straight to the list whether i'm logged in or not.

Solution
Apr 12, 2020

Yep, it works
Thank you so much :)

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost