Question Need Recommendations on G-Sync, G-Sync/Freesync and Freesync 2 4K HDR Gaming Monitors

Feb 18, 2019
I plan to either rebuild or replace my current gaming PC setup after I am finished with grad school this summer. In addition to gaming, I am also a certified drone pilot. I fly a drone that is capable of taking video in 4K resolution. I would like to have a monitor capable of handling games at 4K HDR at at least around 60 fps at max settings, but am willing to downgrade the resolution to either 1440p or 1080p if necessary to get playable frame rates. At this time, I am not certain if I will go with Radeon such as the Radeon VII or Nvidia such as the 2080 or 2080 Ti. I would appreciate recommendations on which monitors would best meet my needs after I have picked my GPU.

I am looking for monitor recommendations in the following areas:

1. Nvidia G-Sync
  2. Nvidia G-Sync\Freesync
  3. Freesync 2

Thanks in advance.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
4K max details @ 60fps is 2080Ti territory. Not even the 2080 or the 1080Ti can manage that without needing to turn down some settings.

Therefore, you might want to consider choosing a resolution first. The higher the resolution, the more powerful of a video card you'll need.

I wouldn't base my PC's monitor resolution on the 4K video your drone can produce.