Not open for further replies.

Anonymous72

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
SPECS:
CPU: i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ 3.80 GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Mother board: Gigabyte GA Z77 HD4
RAM: 8.00GB (DDR3 1600 GSKILL RIPJAWS 2x4GB)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow

Hello, I need help on what to upgrade, not looking to spend too much money just need some tips on what I should buy

Solution
What games do you play?
What resolution?
Both your cpu and gpu are outdated,but you can still use your i5 3570 a bit more,but the gpu is really bad.
But again it all depends on what games you play.
Also that ram should be 16gb,especially if you play battle royale games.
What about storage?
Get a 40$ 860 EVO 250GB for windows,would make operating on your computer way way faster than a hdd.
What powersupply do you have?
How much are you looking to spend on upgrades?
Current GPU market is terrible,especially for budget gpu option's,i suggest waiting before you get a gpu.

Anonymous72

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
What games do you play?
What resolution?
Both your cpu and gpu are outdated,but you can still use your i5 3570 a bit more,but the gpu is really bad.
But again it all depends on what games you play.
Also that ram should be 16gb,especially if you play battle royale games.
What about storage?
Get a 40$ 860 EVO 250GB for windows,would make operating on your computer way way faster than a hdd.
What powersupply do you have?
How much are you looking to spend on upgrades?
Current GPU market is terrible,especially for budget gpu option's,i suggest waiting before you get a gpu.

Thank you for the reply.
I play games like Destiny 2, Fortnite, CSGO, VALORANT
Im looking to spend around 300$ on some minor upgrades like the RAM and depends on what GPU I could buy I would add more money.

Also if I were to purchase 16GB of ram would I be able to combine It with the 8GB that I already have?

Thank you for the reply.
I play games like Destiny 2, Fortnite, CSGO, VALORANT
Im looking to spend around 300$ on some minor upgrades like the RAM and depends on what GPU I could buy I would add more money.
I would upgrade the GPU,how much can you wait?
Now you can get a 1650 super for 300$,before this situation you could get a 1660 super for that money.
I suggest waiting for the prices to drop,unless you can find someone who will give you a used 1070/ti for 250$.
You can find 8gb for 20$ on used market,the rest should go to the SSD i mentioned.
What storage do you have now?

Anonymous72

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
I would upgrade the GPU,how much can you wait?
Now you can get a 1650 super for 300$,before this situation you could get a 1660 super for that money.
I suggest waiting for the prices to drop,unless you can find someone who will give you a used 1070/ti for 250$.
You can find 8gb for 20$ on used market,the rest should go to the SSD i mentioned.
What storage do you have now?

I can't tell you the exact storage right now as I am at work, but for the 8GB of RAM it has to be a specific model for the Motherboard right? any recommendations off Newegg.ca?

I see...
Why is your cooler mounted that way so the fans face the gpu?
I understand that if you have a top exhaust fan you should mount it that way but for ram clearance i think you should mount it traditionally (with the fan facing towards the ram,not the gpu) which should allow more ram clearance.

Anonymous72

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
I see...
Why is your cooler mounted that way so the fans face the gpu?
I understand that if you have a top exhaust fan you should mount it that way but for ram clearance i think you should mount it traditionally (with the fan facing towards the ram,not the gpu) which should allow more ram clearance.
I did not mount my fan, someone who works at a computer store did lol
It is a pain to mount and move this fan around

Last edited:
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd keep the gpu and case. Update the platform.
Cpu is responsible for fps limits, gpu just has to try and match them. A 1050 isn't awful at 1080p, but with a strong enough cpu will require lowering settings, but can achieve high fps.

New gpu and that 3570 will automatically mean lower fps, but better eye candy. That's the trade-off.

So it's a matter of what's necessary now, higher fps and lower details or higher details and lower fps. Games like Valorant, D2 and CSGO definitely benefit from higher fps.

Update storage to ssd next, then gpu last and by that time hopefully the prices have stabilized and dropped to acceptable levels, meaning you'll get more card for less vs less card for more right now.

Anonymous72

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
I'd keep the gpu and case. Update the platform.
Cpu is responsible for fps limits, gpu just has to try and match them. A 1050 isn't awful at 1080p, but with a strong enough cpu will require lowering settings, but can achieve high fps.

New gpu and that 3570 will automatically mean lower fps, but better eye candy. That's the trade-off.

So it's a matter of what's necessary now, higher fps and lower details or higher details and lower fps. Games like Valorant, D2 and CSGO definitely benefit from higher fps.

Update storage to ssd next, then gpu last and by that time hopefully the prices have stabilized and dropped to acceptable levels, meaning you'll get more card for less vs less card for more right now.

Hey, thoughts on this GPU? https://www.newegg.ca/asus-geforce-...rd&cm_re=graphics_card-_-14-126-445-_-Product

Status
Not open for further replies.