Question Need recommendaton for 4-port Ethernet switch

cma6

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
My internet connection recently upped to 350 Mbps and may eventually get to 600 Mbps. I need a simple Ethernet switch to share the internet feed between two systems. That is all that the switch will be doing. I would appreciate recommendations from the experts.

cma6

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Thanks, I will go with that one, though I was also considering TP-Link TL-SG105S. Can I assume these Ethernet switches don't "phone home", so that they are secure?

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks, I will go with that one, though I was also considering TP-Link TL-SG105S. Can I assume these Ethernet switches don't "phone home", so that they are secure?
They are all completely "dumb". They don't phone home. I like the netgear for the metal case. It works as a heatsink and is very durable. You can probably find some used on E-Bay.
The TP-Link is probably fine. I have just always used the netgear line.

Reactions: Corwin65
Unmanaged switches are stupid they have no concept of IP addresses. If you go with the tplink try to find the one without the "s" on the end. It is hard to say what tplink is up to with the names. They key problem is the newer devices with the "s" on the end have
this stupid green energy stuff on it. It being a non managed switch you can't disable it and we have seen people complaining about strange issues when they are using very long cables.