Question need some advice on my pc cpu

Oct 11, 2024
would like to know if someone can help I not really technical just need some direction upgrade my CPU Ryzen 5 3600 to 5 5600,i upgrade to Ryzen 7 5700x3d 8-core but my pc started turning on and off but i just purchase 5 5600x6 core should this work?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

should this work?
If your motherboard has the right BIOS version, then the processor should work after the swap. The other pre-requisite is that you didn't' get a dud Ryzen processor.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

should this work?
If your motherboard has the right BIOS version, then the processor should work after the swap. The other pre-requisite is that you didn't' get a dud Ryzen processor.
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎7/‎25/‎2024
OS build 19045.5011
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0

Device name LeeOnepc
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 24.0 GB
Device ID 592A8AF8-87B6-4754-B8AA-C8E95A99C50D
Product ID 00356-02036-51893-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 256 touch points

24gb says you have mismatched ram.
That is normally a problem.
Run memtest86+
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download it here:

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.