[SOLVED] Need some guidance, need to double my ram

Oct 28, 2021
Hello all,
When I'm playing New World or WoW, I get random hang-ups. I noticed i'm using 90% of my ram when playing the game. My mobo is a MAG B460M Mortar with 2x8gb of XPG ram (AX4U300038G16A-BB10). Mobo specs appear to show that it can only support up to 3000MHz speed. I would like to double it to 32gb. I'm not sure if I should dump the 2x8gb and get 2x16gb. Or, dumping the 2 sticks i have (since i'm having a hard time locating 2 more like kind) and getting 4 new 8gb sticks, I have been reading conflicting data on mixing ram brands.
Can someone PLEASE give me some recommendations on ram sticks that will work with my mobo?

Solution
i'm using 90% of my ram when playing the game.
if you're using up to 14-15GB of RAM just while gaming i'd suspect you have a different issue other than lack of system memory.
keep an eye on Task Manager when gaming and while idle and see what your RAM usage is usually sitting at in both scenarios and which processes are using the most of it.

but if you're upgrading i would always go with a new boxed set rather than mixing even exact make/model kits.
Mobo specs appear to show that it can only support up to 3000MHz
even if your board states it only supports up to 3000MHz you can still get a 2x 16GB 3200MHz kit and test it out.
worse case scenario it will be stuck near to 3000MHz but you can probably boost timings to...
i'm using 90% of my ram when playing the game.
if you're using up to 14-15GB of RAM just while gaming i'd suspect you have a different issue other than lack of system memory.
keep an eye on Task Manager when gaming and while idle and see what your RAM usage is usually sitting at in both scenarios and which processes are using the most of it.

but if you're upgrading i would always go with a new boxed set rather than mixing even exact make/model kits.
Mobo specs appear to show that it can only support up to 3000MHz
even if your board states it only supports up to 3000MHz you can still get a 2x 16GB 3200MHz kit and test it out.
worse case scenario it will be stuck near to 3000MHz but you can probably boost timings to somewhat compensate.
PLEASE give me some recommendations on ram sticks that will work with my mobo?
your motherboard manufacturer will have a QVL in it's product page's support section that will list all certified compatible RAM.

Solution
Oct 28, 2021
On fresh restart i'm looking at ~20% memory usage. After launching New World and Dragon center to monitor temps, my memory usage goes to 80-90%. Would I see any improvements getting more ram or is 80-90% usage perfectly normal?