[SOLVED] Need some help choosing PC gaming speakers.

FwdMoparJunkie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014
Hello,

I'm looking to mount 2 speakers on the wall right in front of my pc desk. These will be used for gaming. I'm not interested in desk speakers. I'm looking to spend $250 or preferably less. In the near future I'll be adding 2 more speakers for surround.

I'm currently running 2 ELAC B6 6.5" speakers, SVS SB 2000 sub and a Dennon X4000 receiver. The elacs are great for music and gaming but they have a back port and need to be a fair distance away from the wall. Right now, I have them on stands with my pc desk in the middle of them so, they don't really work for gaming with how they currently positioned. I need those speakers in front of me. They're too big to fit on a desk.

Does anyone have any suggestions on some good sounding speakers for mounting on the wall directly in front of me?

Solution
The thing about adding 2 more speakers for surround, so you need non-powered speakers to be used in a surround sound setup? Connecting them to the same Denon receiver?

If you want to stick with the same brand speakers, ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 have a front port that will be fine to use near a wall and pretty much in your price range.
The thing about adding 2 more speakers for surround, so you need non-powered speakers to be used in a surround sound setup? Connecting them to the same Denon receiver?

If you want to stick with the same brand speakers, ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 have a front port that will be fine to use near a wall and pretty much in your price range.

Solution