Question Need some help with PC randomly freezing

Jul 30, 2020
Hey guys, I'm pretty average with computers, and had one custom built for me roughly 6-7 years ago (I'm so average that it kept overheating and shutting when I tried to turn on it the day I got it, called them up and they asked if I removed the packing from inside... Oops!)

Anyway I've had issues with my PC freezing somewhat randomly. I usually just play LoL and older games like Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect, etc... and when the fights get a bit particle heavy that's when it freezes up on me. I'm used to having tabs open, playing music, etc. Over time it kept freezing when I had too much stuff open, so I started closing everything other than the game I'm playing. Eventually about 10 minutes in the games would start freezing up too.

Often it freezes on the Windows loading screen when I first boot up. It's like a luck of the draw if it'll boot or not.

I had issues with it overheating a month ago, it was getting really hot and just switching off. I bought a new fan when I realized my old one wasn't working (which is an over-the-top huge double fan that I struggled to install) and that's about all I've changed/upgraded (aside some new RAM a few years ago).

I've checked just about everything all the guides/forums tell you to check. I've done the memory check, the hdd check, I've monitored the heat and none of them reported any issues. I've updated everything (that I know if) to the updated versions, too.

Operating System\
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz 38 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard
ASRock Z87 Extreme3 (CPUSocket) 26 °C

Graphics
V233HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (EVGA) 30 °C

Storage
111GB Samsung SSD 840 Series (SATA (SSD)) 26 °C

This is from Speccy, I'm unsure if there's anything I've left out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!