[SOLVED] Need some help.

Dec 4, 2019
A few days ago i went to use my computer and had a total black screen. I usually leave it in sleep mode and use the mouse to wake it up. I had nothing come up at all. I rebooted and still nothing would appear on the screen at all. I thought I should at least get the post screen from my mother board. It's almost like nothing is plugged into the monitor. I have no cursor also. I had a mac mini lying around and plugged it in and the monitor comes up. I use a windows 10 pc I built a few years back. I thought maybe the video card so I swapped it with another one I had and was still black. Then I thought maybe a bad memory stick. I had two in there so I pulled one and nothing. I then swapped with the stick I pulled out in the number one slot and still nothing even though everything appears to have powered up. All the fans are running in the case and the video card. The led's on the motherboard and on the video card also lit up. It looks like everything is perfect but still nothing. I went ahead and bought a new mother board and swapped tonight and still get the same thing. I've tried multiple monitors and can't think of anything else. I've been building my own systems for over 15 years and this has me really stumped. Here are my system specs -

Keep in mind I've been using this setup for almost 3 years with zero problems until now.

Intel Core I7 6700k cpu
Gigabyte z170 Ultra Gaming G1 motherboard
GTX 1070 Ti video card (also tried my old GTX760)
16 gb corsair ddr4 pc3000 memory
1tb SSD samsung hard drive
500 gb SSD samsumg hard drive
Windows 10 pro 64bit
Thermaltake TR2 650w modular power supply

The new motherboard I just installed tonight is a Gigabyte z390 UD motherboard

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Not to be rude, but if you've been building system's for more than 15 years, how did the TR2 PSU get into your build? It's more of a firestarter than an actual PSU?

Have you tried stripping the system down to it's bare essentials(breadboarding it) and only powering off the iGPU?

If you changed the Z170 chipset board for a Z390 chipset board, without changing the processor to an 8th/9th gen processor from Intel, then you've also made another mistake since the 6th/7th gen is not compatible with the 8th/9th gen capable board.

Lutfij

Titan
Not to be rude, but if you've been building system's for more than 15 years, how did the TR2 PSU get into your build? It's more of a firestarter than an actual PSU?

Have you tried stripping the system down to it's bare essentials(breadboarding it) and only powering off the iGPU?

If you changed the Z170 chipset board for a Z390 chipset board, without changing the processor to an 8th/9th gen processor from Intel, then you've also made another mistake since the 6th/7th gen is not compatible with the 8th/9th gen capable board.

Solution