Question Need some help

Jul 19, 2022
Hi, I'm new to building and I'm having some issues with my system. I recently upgraded from a ryzen 3 2200g to a ryzen 5 5600x. I've updated the bios to the latest version with the old cpu in the system and then swapped in the ryzen 5. The system turns on but won't display or boot. I can't reset it or shut it down and for some reason my gpu fans run at full tilt when it's on. I have to flip the psu switch to turn it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
System spec
Motherboard: asus prime b450a-m
Cpu: amd ryzen 5 5600x
Gpu:asus tuf gaming gtx 1660 super OC edition
Ram: 2× 8gb g-skill aegis ddr4
Psu: Thermaltake smart series 80plus 600w

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I've updated the bios to the latest version with the old cpu in the system and then swapped in the ryzen 5. "

Not sure about it all but I am wondering about using bios for the old CPU to support the new CPU. Caveat being that I correctly understand your post.

Some mismatch perhaps?

Are you able to access BIOS or boot into Safe Mode?

Jul 19, 2022
This:

"I've updated the bios to the latest version with the old cpu in the system and then swapped in the ryzen 5. "

Not sure about it all but I am wondering about using bios for the old CPU to support the new CPU. Caveat being that I correctly understand your post.

Some mismatch perhaps?

Are you able to access BIOS or boot into Safe Mode?
Im horrible at explaining things lol, The asus website said that unless I updated the bios to the latest version, it would not support the new cpu. So i had to update it with the old cpu in the system.

No I can't access anything, no display at all can't reset or even turn the system off without turning the psu off.