Build Advice Need some suggestion on a new build Gaming/slicing prints

Mythy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2021
Hey everyone I need some advice!

I am a avid PC user heck I live on this thing and I am having some issues with my current build.

Tiachi
64GB DDR5 6400
4090 RTX
way to many storage drives to list
LG C4 48inch OLED

I game allot for sure but I also run a small 3d Print business and I tend to have a few session of Bambu Studio (slicing software) runnin at a time. Figure 5-7 instances. I also have a few open Chitubox (resin slicers) open at a time. My 64GB or ram is toast. My system is very sluggish to the point where I have trouble closing apps even that doesn't want to work. Simply put I need ram. I also need faster slicing of models and print trays. This 13900k is just too slow, my ram is inadequate and to top it off I have to pump heavy voltage into my 13900k to keep her stable at this point as she's dying.

I was considering a 9950X and 2 sticks of 6400 48Gbx2 just so I can have more ram and no baby cores on the CPU. However I dont think thats enough ram. If I add 2 more sticks the speeds will tank and that wont help at all. What can I do? Can a intel system handle 128gb-256 with high speeds stil or am I in need of threadripper or a Xeon build? If so I am very unfamiliar with either option and I also game at 4k and every frame matters at this point until the 5090 drops.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated as I no longer follow hardware as I used to back in the day (going on 40 lol)

Edit: Also I don't know if any of these 2 programs use AVX or would benefit from one CPU or the other. I tried Googling but found nothing.

USAFRet

Titan
Given that there aren't a lot of "better levels" of PC configs than what you have, I'm thinking that your workload would be much better spread among 2 or 3 systems. Rather than trying to run it all on one.

Mythy

Reputable
Feb 6, 2021
Is there a way to determine what instruction set an application is utilizing? Perhaps one of these programs uses avx and I can switch to AMD for better results. I know I'm grasping at straws but I can spend upwards of 3 minutes just to slice certain build plates for printing to see minor changes. Repeating this 12 times in a row is mind numbing. I need processing power lol I checked some threadripper reviews and that seams like a step backwards in performance. Same with Xeon.