[SOLVED] Need specific motherboard recommendations

Benevolent Deity

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Hello,

I would like to replace my circa 2009 Asus motherboard with something more up to date but I am running into some problems trying to figure out specifically what to get. I use Windows 10 64-bit and I'm only interested in desktop publishing and potential video rendering, but not gaming at all. The motherboard must be for an Intel CPU, support NVMe, and must have at least three x16 PCIe slots. That last requirement is because I currently use three 2-head Nvidia GeForce GT710 display adaptors to drive six DVI and VGA monitors, but finding a modern motherboard with that many PCIe slots is where I'm running into problems. I realize this is a kluge but I really don't want to have to buy whole new set of monitors just to avoid using three display adaptors. I've looked at some of the 6-head adaptors but the reviews I've found are less than stellar. I also want the motherboard to support NMVe and as many new features as possible, but still be reliable and have good reviews. I don't want to spend a fortune for some super state of the art system but I'm not on a real strict budget either. If anyone could throw any specific motherboard model numbers my way it would be greatly appreciated :) All I get when I contact the manufacturers is some general information and I don't think any of them actually look at the requirements I send them.

Thanks,
Ray