Need specs on Mitsubishi LS 120

G

Hi i need information on how to install this LS 120 i bought about a year ago it was OEM so i have no info on it can anyone help!?

Thanks!

Don

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What info are you looking for? The LS-120 drives are EIDE drives requiring the standard ATA cable. You install it the same as you would a CDROM drive. Set it to master or slave. I have one of the original models and it causes problems for my HD so I can't put it as a slave with the HD. I have a second one that is more recent, a year old, that gives me no problems. If your BIOS allows it, the drive can be set to the a-drive. Windows 95 and later automatically detect and setup the drivers.

<i>So what if I don't NEED 170fps. Your point is what?</i> :cool: James

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Also:
The drive uses the same power connector as a standard 3.5in floppy drive and installs in the same slot. I use mine in place of the 3.5in floppy--my BIOS recognizes it as the a-drive automatically since I don't have a floppy drive. The only downside to the drives is that they use up one of your IDE slots.

<i>So what if I don't NEED 170fps. Your point is what?</i> :cool: James

G

Hi thanks for the information, i found what i needed else where its been a while sense i posted this, im not actually installing it yet i dont have all the parts yet to finish building the computer i just want to compile all the information needed, your infromation was helpfull so thanks anyway.

Later.

TRENDING THREADS