Question Email this link in Firefox

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
I just want on click on an extension to open my Gmail and have the web address in the body of Gmail's compose email.
I found a couple extensions called "email this page" that sound exactly like what I want. The problem is Firefox says the extensions want to "access your data for lawnscanner.com". That doesn't sound good. I would think this would be built into every browser (I mean a way to easily do this).
I'm moving from Opera to Firefox. On Opera I use an extension called "share link via email" that works perfect (even though every once in a while Opera updates and breaks it)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
firefox has a setting built in to auto open mailto links in whatever you tell it to open with. gmail is an option. don't use anything like it myself but sounds like what you want anyway.

so have you tried this built in option?

or am i missing where you are getting the email addy or what you are wanting it to do?

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
No..thanks for replying but I may not have explained this well.
I believe Firefox had "send as link as email" a long time ago....
1) you are on a webpage (could be this one you are looking at right now)
2) you right click and select "send this link" (or if no right click send as link is there, you click on and extension and your default email client (that may be Gmail that opens in a new tab or Thunderbird, or whatever)
3) The body of the email text is a link to the webpage you want to send.

This is the basics.

TRENDING THREADS