Question Gigabyte X670 GAMING X AX V2 - DRAM LED problem ( in theory solved ) and subsequent boot problem ( current problem ) - super weird

Valentine1704

Prominent
Nov 15, 2022
I have a problem with a BUILD that I just completed, something similar has never happened to me and I don't know how to really move forward. I will try to be brief and summarized.

The PC has the following:

- AMD RYZEN 5 8600G AM5
- GIGABYTE X670 GAMING X AX V2 AM5
- 48 GB RAM (2 X 24 GB) CORSAIR 5200MHZ VENGEANCE BLACK (CMK48GX5M2B5200C38)
- 960 GB SSD KINGSTON A400
- MSI MAG A750GL 750W 80 PLUS GOLD FULL MODULAR PCIE 5.0

- CORSAIR 480T RGB AIRFLOW TG MID-TOWER BLACK

I start to assemble the PC as always updating the BIOS with Q-FLASH (GIGABYTE.BIN) to support the 8600G, I placed the USB and it started flashing updating the BIOS, at that time there was nothing on the motherboard, it was peeled without RAMS, without microprocessors, without anything installed. I was struck by the fact that the DRAM LED was strong red from the first moment. When I finished assembling everything, I verified that everything is correct connected and made the first ignition: it did not give video, the monitor said NO VIDEO OUTPUT and the DRAM LED in strong red was still on.

From now on I leave the tests I did and what each one caused:

1 – Change of place of RAMS between the 4 sticks; nothing happened. (I tried all the combinations)
2 – CMOS, nothing happened.
3 – I removed the microprocessor, poured a little compressed air so that the pins on the motherboard have lint or dust, and clean the golden base of the processor with isopropyl alcohol.

After the 3rd step, I reinstalled everything and turned on, the red LEDs were blinking between them and after a few minutes: SURPRISE, entered BIOS.

When entered the BIOS after reinstalling the microprocessor, my theories that RAM memory is the problem left. Inside the BIOS I realized that it recognizes everything, both ram sticks, microprocessor, the latest version of bios installed, recognizes the SSD, it was all barbaric! But obviously there was another problem because if not, I wouldn't be writing this.

Turns out, I said well, everything is perfect, I can go ahead to install Windows: When I put the USB with the flash drive to start the BIOS installation tool, BOOM everything goes to [vulgar language removed] again; again no video, it stays in a loop of “No video Output ” the monitor. At that time I removed the USB from the Windows tool, restarted and did a CMOS, and with the CMOS bingo! Back to the BIOS, but this time with a problem that said “Boot failure did not device detected ” or something like that. It turns out that at this point, he won't let me do anything with the mouse arrows or select anything at all, until he plays some combination with the keyboard and let me into the BIOS.

Since he did not let me install the Windows tool from the flash drive, I removed the SSD and placed it on another PC where from that same I installed the Windows in the SSD without any problem. So NOW the SSD has WINDOWS INSTALLED! And my mind said, well! I place it on the other PC and you will be able to boot the Windows without going through the installation tool: it turns out that once connected, it enters BIOS, it recognizes the SSD, but it marks that there is NOTHING TO BOOT! When Windows is installed in the SSD in the BIOS, it is not listed for booting, however the SSD itself manages to recognize it perfectly.

I tried to put the USB back on with the Windows tool and again everything goes to [vulgar language removed] and I have to do CMOS again to enter the BIOS and remove the USB with the flash drive from the Windows tool. The others USBs that i connected recognize them perfectly.

POSTERIOR EDIT: TO CLOSE, SOMETHING I FINISH TO AGREE, when I activate the CSM compatibility mode in the BIOS, (without the USB of the windows tool or anything placed) MAKES ME THE SAME PROBLEM! stop giving video of nothing.- I don't know if it will have something to do but I remember this too.

So is the BIOS now when I don't put any USB tools to install windows, and with the windows already pre-installed in the SSD kingston:
U9wcJu4.jpeg

The following red LED is from BOOT:
r9r673o.jpeg

Something like this has never happened to me and I don't know what the problem may be anymore! Obviously for me it is on the motherboard, ram or processor, especially in the integrated video.

Do you have any ideas? thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
48 GB RAM (2 X 24 GB) CORSAIR 5200MHZ VENGEANCE BLACK (CMK48GX5M2B5200C38)
The ram kit doesn't seem to have AMD's E.X.P.O on it's spec's page but has X.M.P on it. It's probable the platform doesn't like your ram kit.

Change of place of RAMS between the 4 sticks; nothing happened. (I tried all the combinations)
The rams should be populating slots A2 and B2 on your motherboard.

CMOS, nothing happened.
You're advised to disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power and then replace the CMOS battery after 30mins.

clean the golden base of the processor with isopropyl alcohol.
You can use an eraser on the flat side of a processor to help clean it but that's usually done on very old processors as there's a build up of carbon on the contact side. It shouldn't apply to your brand new processor. It could also be your motherboard's BIOS.

Speaking of,
GIGABYTE X670 GAMING X AX V2
Is this the board you're working with;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X670-GAMING-X-AX-V2-rev-10#kf
?

If so, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?
Flash the BIOS to F32c and then clear the CMOS and then see if the issue is alleviated.

Since he did not let me install the Windows tool from the flash drive, I removed the SSD and placed it on another PC where from that same I installed the Windows in the SSD without any problem.
You should install the OS on the system you want the OS on, instead of using a proxy system. Where did you source the installer for your OS?