[SOLVED] Need storage Help

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
Hi, I want to build a new pc and include an SSD to install my OS and important programs such as the browser and some games. I'm not sure if I should get 500gb SSD ( Crucial Mx500 2.5 or the Western Digital WDS500G2B0A. Can't decide which of these 2 to buy, and both are around 60-70€ (depend on month), so please help me also with that! ) or should I get an 256 gb ssd + 500gb hdd? I would use the 256gb for the OS and important programs and the hdd for less important ones and just download folder and files that i don't need so often (please give me also examples of 256gb ssd and 500gb hdd) My build is a low budget build so please give me the best storage device for a great price. I live in Germany.
Thanks

Solution
Even a standard SSD is going to run FAR better than the HDD for desktop experience.

I have used WD Blues extensively in builds. I have even purchased used ones in bulk. I have never had a single issue with one. I have also used a Crutial and had no issue, additionally I really respect their RAM.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not familiar with pricing in your region.

If building new I would suggest M.2 NVME for your OS. Would try to target at least 250GB. Would likely look along the lines of 1-2TB HDD for storage, fastest RPM you can afford. Avoid WD Green for HDD due to latency issues. If you can afford to, bump for 1TB of even a cheapo recognized name brand SSD for storage instead.

Reactions: SpacEagle17

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
Not familiar with pricing in your region.

If building new I would suggest M.2 NVME for your OS. Would try to target at least 250GB. Would likely look along the lines of 1-2TB HDD for storage, fastest RPM you can afford. Avoid WD Green for HDD due to latency issues. If you can afford to, bump for 1TB of even a cheapo recognized name brand SSD for storage instead.
I've made an research about nvme and it seems that in daily use you won't notice a difference between it and the sata interface. It is just worth it if I move often large files. Now I have an 500gb hdd in my laptop and i have just 1/3 filled up, so space ain't my problem. Just the speed.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Even a standard SSD is going to run FAR better than the HDD for desktop experience.

I have used WD Blues extensively in builds. I have even purchased used ones in bulk. I have never had a single issue with one. I have also used a Crutial and had no issue, additionally I really respect their RAM.

Reactions: SpacEagle17
Solution

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020

Thank you