Feb 18, 2023
Gonna start off with dropping my current main specs of my PC:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: GIGABYTE 3070 Gaming OC
Motherboard: MSI MAG x570s Tomahawk Max Wifi
PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB x 2) 3600mhz CL18
Storage: Samsung 870 Evo 1 TB SSD

Now, my question for today is. What M.2 for PCIe 4.0 should I get? Since I heard that having a M.2 for PCIe 4.0 can take full advantage of something, not exactly sure what, and will help loading games better, faster boots etc. So, I'm looking at upgrading to a M.2 storage for running windows, games, streaming, editing videos/storing videos and whatever else. I believe my motherboard can support having 2 x M.2 SSD's. So, if there are 2 good ones, that would be appreciated. 1 for windows and 1 for games? I have no clue if there are better ones for certain things or not. Price isn't really an issue, but not too expensive.

Thank you for your time.

Gonna start off with dropping my current main specs of my PC:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: GIGABYTE 3070 Gaming OC
Motherboard: MSI MAG x570s Tomahawk Max Wifi
PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB x 2) 3600mhz CL18
Storage: Samsung 870 Evo 1 TB SSD

Now, my question for today is. What M.2 for PCIe 4.0 should I get? Since I heard that having a M.2 for PCIe 4.0 can take full advantage of something, not exactly sure what, and will help loading games better, faster boots etc. So, I'm looking at upgrading to a M.2 storage for running windows, games, streaming, editing videos/storing videos and whatever else. I believe my motherboard can support having 2 x M.2 SSD's. So, if there are 2 good ones, that would be appreciated. 1 for windows and 1 for games? I have no clue if there are better ones for certain things or not. Price isn't really an issue, but not too expensive.

Thank you for your time.
You're referring to MS Direct Storage?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cr...tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-wds200t2x0e

Feb 18, 2023
Reactions: Why_Me
Feb 18, 2023
Samsung 980-990 Pro M2 There really good with loading times they come with 500GB-2TB but if you can find one that says 7000MB/s there really good speed
That's what I saw when I was looking for a good one. I think my motherboard supports 6GB speed, unless there is no cap on the transfer speeds. But if there is, would the 7GB/s speed work, but just as the max speed my MOBO can handle?

And would it be good to get 2? One for windows and a separate for games? Or would they be fine running on the same M.2?