Need suggestions. Upgrade GPU or build dedicated streaming PC.

qostman

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
Okay so I am torn for what I want to do for my next upgrade. First off I primarily play PUBG and I always stream while I play. My specs are 7700k, 1060 6gb, 16gb ram. My PC runs PUBG amazing when I am not streaming but as of late, I have been losing a lot of frames while streaming. I'd say I'm at about 80-110 frames when not streaming and about 40-70 when streaming, with regular dips into the 30s or lower. So my question is would it be more beneficial for me to upgrade to a 1070 GPU or go for a dedicated streaming pc to take some of the load off my CPU. I have tried streaming with both x264 and nvenc with similar results. And if you think the dedicated streaming pc is the way to go, what all would I need?

Solution
Since PUBG is still 'beta' it's not out with the full official version yet. It's suppose to be finished by the end of this year. When I stream using OBS for Twitch I drop about 10 FPS, but never have any issues. I'm rocking a 1050ti 4GB. Maybe adjusting your OBS output settings would be beneficial. I've found that playing PUBG on fullscreen(windowed) gives better FPS when streaming.

It's recommended at least to output OBS at 1280x720 (720p) that way your internet + streaming will be balanced. If you tend to stream in 1080p (which most can't) it could arise issues.

Slow Pri

Respectable
Feb 29, 2016
Since PUBG is still 'beta' it's not out with the full official version yet. It's suppose to be finished by the end of this year. When I stream using OBS for Twitch I drop about 10 FPS, but never have any issues. I'm rocking a 1050ti 4GB. Maybe adjusting your OBS output settings would be beneficial. I've found that playing PUBG on fullscreen(windowed) gives better FPS when streaming.

It's recommended at least to output OBS at 1280x720 (720p) that way your internet + streaming will be balanced. If you tend to stream in 1080p (which most can't) it could arise issues.

Solution