[SOLVED] Need to add one more Ram

thejusbshaji

Honorable
Apr 1, 2015
Hi, I am Planning to Install one ram in my pc but I am confused about which variant i am currently having
HyperX Fury Black 8 GB 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 DIMM Desktop Memory (HX421C14FB/8) , Which ram should i buy

Solution
there is no guarantee that individually packaged RAM modules will function correctly together, even if they are the exact same make/model.
it is always recommended to only use kits that are packaged together to guarantee they are tested and compatible with one another.

of course there is no guarantee that they won't work together either.

but there is a risk that you will not get full manufacturer rated speeds & timings and/or that you will get read/write errors leading to system instability.
there is no guarantee that individually packaged RAM modules will function correctly together, even if they are the exact same make/model.
it is always recommended to only use kits that are packaged together to guarantee they are tested and compatible with one another.

of course there is no guarantee that they won't work together either.

but there is a risk that you will not get full manufacturer rated speeds & timings and/or that you will get read/write errors leading to system instability.

Solution
Apr 8, 2020
i haven't had an issue mixing ram, so long as the specs are the same- and is supported by your motherboard ( although my current ram is not supported on the motherboard list it still works)
you can use CPU-z and check the Memory and SPD tabs to determine what your current ram spec is.

Mixing ram modules on a laptop or desktop computers just don't work.
Think about what your saying right now.
It can work sometimes, I have a Gskill and Kingston RAM modules with different speeds and timings, they've been working for 5 years no issue. Speed matchs the slowest module.

Now its up to him to take that risk. I personally would if the RAM can be returned. Why waste an 8Gb DDR4 module?

Reactions: TheSTRAFF
clintonfacepalm.jpg

I rather him not play russian roulette or musical chairs with incompatible ram sticks in a laptop,